Customer Relationship Management CRM Implementation

I am pretty sure I just missed it, while searching/googling.
It is esencial to log calls and manage calls in an good CRM environment but I still need to locate an CRM (in the class of Goldmine) that integrate into Asterisk*.
I need to know of, successfull integration between, and some support to be able to guarantee my client that Asterisk* + [CRM] will be an successfull open source solution rather than buy Goldmine on Microsoft and use its build in VoIP module. The cost estimated difference is aproximitely 80% less expensive.

Is there any help out here for me? :hope: :wink:

Hi

Have you looked at sugarCRM ?

Ian

[quote=“ianplain”]Hi

Have you looked at sugarCRM ?

Ian[/quote]
Yes, It looks like an Winner to some extend, but then we talk Sugar Open Source, or the payed for version.
I guess my questions is really about how tight and complete is the integration, do we need to employ programmers to complete the integration? 8)

Asterisk can be integrated with Sugar CRM very well, you can log inbound and outbound calls, you can have click to call function to call a customer, you can have infos pop up when a customer calls in, I did it personally but to have a good integration I think it’s better to have programming skill.

Bye.

Marco Bruni

hi.
did you try Vtiger? ( www.vtiger.com ) i never try it but i will… if you search in vtiger forum you will find a module to integrate it whit asterisk. in the forum every one say it work very good.
bye
David

I tried both, Vtiger is good too, the functionalities of the two are quite the same but Sugar CRM source code is better, in my opinion; btw I successful integrated * with both, the difficulties are the same and aren’t many.
I would and will, for future projects of this type, use Sugar CRM.

Bye.

Marco Bruni

At this moment we are working hard on LIz. Liz wil be released september 1.

Liz is a full featured Asterisk plugin for SugarCRM 5 and up. It will handle both incoming and outgoing calls. With the management of multiple incoming calls, call transferring and call logging, this is a revolutionary Asterisk plug-in.

For more information look at our blog: http://www.talkto-outdare.com

Intalling sugarCRM is good if you can install configure it. I would suggest for asterisk integration you should do with a firm that knows what they are doing. Now i am not saying that sugarCRM is all that bad just that it is still a bit difficult to configure.

If you really want a good solution you should try [color=blue]http://www.enterprisewizard.com[/color]

These guys provide a customizable solution, full support and are not very expensive.

Intalling sugarCRM is good if you can install configure it. I would suggest for asterisk integration you should do with a firm that knows what they are doing. Now i am not saying that sugarCRM is all that bad just that it is still a bit difficult to configure.

If you really want a good solution you should try [color=blue]http://www.enterprisewizard.com[/color]

These guys provide a customizable solution, full support and are not very expensive.