Custom routing depending on Source

Hi,

I am new to asterisk, I just installed Asterisk 11 with freepbx (using their distro) and I also installed the bare asterisk 11 so I can learn. In our infrastructure we have DID numbers. What we are looking for is to route the call to another extension if no one picks up or busy only if the call to the DID number is coming from the “world” also if a call is placed within the LAN to the same DID number and it is busy or unavailable then route the call to the user’s Voicemail if they have one.

How best can I achieve this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Henry
Sys. Admin

Google “asterisk ex-girlfriend logic”. Also run “core show functions” at the CLI and look for useful functions.

The best I found in regards to asterisk ex-girlfriend logic is voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … iongeneral I am not sure what exactly I am to see

asteriskdocs.org/en/2nd_Edit … ECT-3.html shows you one way.

Unfortunately Google seems to be having problems finding what I specifically meant, which is described here: astblog.com/2008/10/10/tip-r … caller-id/

[quote=“david55”]http://www.asteriskdocs.org/en/2nd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/asterisk-CHP-6-SECT-3.html shows you one way.

Unfortunately Google seems to be having problems finding what I specifically meant, which is described here: astblog.com/2008/10/10/tip-r … caller-id/[/quote]

Thank you David. This is very informative. I am going to read over and see what I can extract out of it. It looks like I will need to learn how to write my own Dialplan

Using the information, I have been able to resolve my issue. Thank you David