Correct update

Hello, everyone.
Just wanted to ask if this update procedure looks good:

make uninstall && make update && ./configure && make && make install && /etc/init.d/asterisk restart

Thanks in advance

anyone ???

#make clean
#make
#make install

You do not have to do an uninstall of the current version and if you do a make update you will have to find your old version file and remove or you might receive an error hope this helps u

and if you do a make update you will have to find your old version file and remove or you might receive an error

Thanks a lot for the answer. Could you please tell where is the “version file” located?

usr/src/asterisk-version
usr/src/libpri-version
usr/src/zaptel-version
Find the old version #'s and remove
The updated file will show there also
usr/src/asterisk-1.4.5 – only if your upgrading to 1.4.5
Hope this helps :wink:

Hi,

I do so humbly apologize for my lack of linux savvy, but I do try and get by with a very limited understanding. I have an up and running asterisk 1.4.4 setup (on Centos 4) and I want to simply upgrade it (leaving my configurations in place) to 1.4.5

When I did the initial ./cofigure, make menuselect, make, make install, make samples, all was good.

Now, I dont understand how to do the upgrade. I would think I should complie the source and do these steps in a different directory than that of my 1.4.4 source files. Is this correct?

Someone suggested in this thread, that I need to unpack, do a make clean, make, make install and that would do it. No ./configure? No make menuselect?

I am not interested in changing any options I have running now, just upgrading the modules to their latest releases.

Last, I understand that there are (were) some issues with 1.4.5 and addons 1.4.1 (now moving to 1.4.2) so I think I need to “upgrade” the addons stuff after the 1.4.5 stuff. Is this correct? Do I again, use a new directory for the source for the addons? Are the steps another make clean, make and make install?

Again, sorry for being so ignorant on this subject. There is so much to learn.

Thanks,
Harold