Connecting TE212P

Dear Friends,

It will sound real ignorant i know and i must agree that im an ignorant thus i need your help…!

We have brought DIGIUM TE212P card to build our very first AsteriskNow PBX we will use the business version but before that we want to try it with free edition being an IT guy i cant play with all other settings but i need to know how would i connect lines to Asterisk server.

We Have ISDN with 100 DIDs.
Currently we are using Nortel BCM 400, (we want to replact this with Asterisk).

I need your help:

Q1. There are 2 ports on Digium TE212P Digital Card please let me know whats the use of each port?

Q2. how would i connect ISDN line to Asterisk PBX using Digium TE212P 2ports card?

Q3. How would i connect a patch panel to Asterisk PBX for extensions in the office?

Q4. Which Brand of patch panel to use for local extenstions?

Im totally new at telephony please help me…i tried searching google over and over, again and again but cant find a proper explaining answer, finally im here and i hope somebody would help me here.

Thank you very much in advance for any explaination given to me and for your time going through it.

Thank you.

Wondering no one responded…on the forum???

1. Each port accepts a T1/E1/J1 circuit.
  2. Connect a T1 cross over cable from the smart jack(NIU) to the TE212P
  3. You could use a channel bank to connect to one of the ports on the TE212P. The patch panel would connect to the channel bank.
  4. Any brand should work…

[quote=“angler”]

1. Each port accepts a T1/E1/J1 circuit.
  2. Connect a T1 cross over cable from the smart jack(NIU) to the TE212P
  3. You could use a channel bank to connect to one of the ports on the TE212P. The patch panel would connect to the channel bank.
  4. Any brand should work…[/quote]

Thank you very much for the response sir, your answers leading me to more questions and forced to send pm to you please answer my pm if possible.

Thank you.

Our need is only a simple PBX no VOIP things we require at the moment.
Currently we are using Nortel BCM 400 which we want to replace with Asterisk.

Our Current lines:

Currenly we have E1 (ISDN PRI) with 100 DIDs coming over to our office via Fiber Optic Cable to PANDATEL S-MUX 155 a cable (CAT5 Ethernet RJ45)from PANDATEL S-MUX 155 (CAT5 RJ45 Ethernet) Goes to Patton Electronics G.703 Balun and to another Balun Model 460F/G.703 to Nortel BCM 400 and our patch panel connects to BCM using Amphenol connectors (if you like i can send you the pictures of it) so your answer leading me more questions as i have very limited knowledge of networking in general telephony…! Please Help!

Now i want to build a simple PBX for office with around 100 Extensions.

we have as i said TE212P card and HP DL380 G4 Server ready for Asterisk PBX system

and E1 line with 100 DIDs (many of it are free) we will need one hunt line for example 2980888 some one calls that number and hears the call pilot or IVR

and reachs the desirable extensions of our office and those with extensions can make local calls.

so please explain to me if possible…!

how i can build that E1 Circuit for Asterisk from the Ethernet cable or S-Mux’s 155’s Available ports?

we have ordered Aastra 57i VoIP phones to use as local office extensions phones with Asterisk PBX so do i still need a channel bank? if yes please direct me to perticular manufacturer of your choice.

as smart jack is not available in our server room if there is any other options such as connecting from PANDATEL S-MUX 155 is possible? please explain.

i know its too much to ask for but if as an Asterisk Professional you can help me out…with above questions! i would be able to do the rest of things.

your help is highly appreciated for a newbie like me.