Connecting analog line via old voice modem to Asterisk

[quote=“MrFidget”]FYI:

In answer to your question.
PLug the Key in and see if it boots, if it doesn’t, looks like the block or sector size is wrong. PLan C could work. Burn the ISO, boot from CD, use DD to create your boot key / disk thing

Chris[/quote]

Thanks Chris,

does it mean I am the only one interested in having portable Asterisk (Astlinux) on USB key (removeable harddisk) to work
and nobody else tested it before ?

Did you test portable Astlinux on USB key (pendrive) ?

I am sure Portable Asterisk (Astlinux on USB key) is an excellent solution,
promoting Asterisk.

Ok. I am fully aware, MNOs offer today flat rate, unlimited minutes, unlimited data transfer plans,
so tolls are no more an issue.
Does it mean Asterisk SIP telephony should die soon ?

1. yes I did have it working, used physwrite on an XP machine to create it. Used it to test various diaplan stuff. Cool feature, but I havent done it for a while. I just use some Centos machines now as I need some specific changes to some modules.

The challenge is with Vista, and the utilities seem to be broken on that platform :cry:

1. Re SIP trunking, its more the signalling aspect of it now rather than cost. Here in Aus, an ISDN 10 (1/3 E1) is far more expensive than an ADSL2+ with a 1Mb back channel. at 88K per call, thats 10 (very optimisitic) calls up the line for around 1/3 of the cost.

Presence, alternative media paths to the signalling, support for G722 wide band, video etc, is also driving SIP, so it is far from dead, but it was a fair question.

Keep going, you’ll get there
Chris :smiley: