Connect 3 users on different Asterisk server

Hello All,
I want to connect 3 users of which 2 of them are in one server and the 3rd on different server. So user A and B in Server X and user C on server Y (Asterisk). As 3 of them need to talk and listen to each other it should be a conference solution, i would think. I tried a solution where user A does a confbridge to a room. User B does a confbridge to the same room. User B dials user C on different server. User C confbridge on the same room. It didn’t work. I am using Asterisk 1.8. Can anyone kindly help me on this? Many thanks.
Also, I won’t be able to use DUNDI application due to some constraints if it matters anyhow.

[quote=“tkm”]Hello All,
I want to connect 3 users of which 2 of them are in one server and the 3rd on different server. So user A and B in Server X and user C on server Y (Asterisk). As 3 of them need to talk and listen to each other it should be a conference solution, i would think. I tried a solution where user A does a confbridge to a room. User B does a confbridge to the same room. User B dials user C on different server. User C confbridge on the same room. It didn’t work. I am using Asterisk 1.8. Can anyone kindly help me on this? Many thanks.
Also, I won’t be able to use DUNDI application due to some constraints if it matters anyhow.[/quote]
Actually a better way to put my request would be: How can I create a conference/meetme/bridgeconf between users of two different asterisk servers? Preferebly through bridgeconf. Can anyone kindly suggest?

You can create 1 MeetMe room on any server and all of your users can dial there. With some prefixes or so.

Thanks Samael. I solved the problem along the line you suggested. I used .call file and confbridge application to create teh conference between users of different asterisk server. But now I have a problem. My third user is a SIP extension with no manual interaction-- so no one to manually hang it up when the conference is closed. Hence, even when the conference is closed the channel is still active and keeps on listening. Any suggestion on how I can end the channel when the conference is stopped? I am using Confbridge and not using any cards (Zaptel/TDM). Many thanks.

Hello Samael, well I thought I solved multi server conference issue but seems like there is one issue I couldn’t solve. Here is what I did:

[quote]exten => 1230767,n,system(cp /tmp/*.call /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing)
exten => 1230767,n,ConfBridge(1220)
exten => 1230767,n(end),Hangup

call file:
Channel: SIP/12345@XXXXX
MaxRetries: 0
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Context: myconfs
Extension: 8000
Priority: 1
archive: yes

[myconfs]
exten => 8000,1,Answer
exten => 8000,n,playback(beep)
exten => 8000,n,ConfBridge(1220)
exten => 8000,n(end),Hangup

Now comes the problem I am facing:
This is what I have on the 2nd ASterisk server:
exten => 12345,1,Set(__FROM_DID=${EXTEN});
exten => 12345,n,Answer
exten => 12345,n,Hangup[/quote]

The above solution is not working for me. It only works if I add

[quote]exten => 12345,n,ConfBridge(1220)[/quote] in the second server, in between the block. But surely that’s not the way it should work, right? It should join the conference based on the extension number I provided on the .call file. If I don’t provide this extra line on the second server it goes to hangup after answering without going to conference mode. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

M… Try to look into Page application and Local channel. But hangup on device, that have no physical access to it… May be AMI?