Company directory

Hi
When calling in from an external line or using 7777 internally, I press # (pound key) to try to access the company directory, as soon as I press the # key a msg says “no directory entries match your search” over and over again and it doesn’t give me a chance to enter anything.
It does work if I dial *411 from an internal ext.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

What does your extensions.conf look like for extension 7777? Also, output from a verbose CLI would be useful.

I had the same issue and went to the console and set Verbose to 10 and then watched what happened when I tried to press the # key…I discovered a glitch in the extension.conf file…

In the [app-directory] section

This line:
“exten => #,2,AGI(directory,${DIR-CONTEXT},ext-local,${DIRECTORY:0:1}${DIRECTORY_OPTS}o)”

Should look like this (without the quotes):
“exten => #,2,AGI(directory,${DIR-CONTEXT},ext-local,${DIRECTORY:0:1}${DIRECTORY_OPTS})”

Second to last character in the line is garbage…

Hope this helps

[quote=“grymlock”]I had the same issue and went to the console and set Verbose to 10 and then watched what happened when I tried to press the # key…I discovered a glitch in the extension.conf file…

In the [app-directory] section

This line:
“exten => #,2,AGI(directory,${DIR-CONTEXT},ext-local,${DIRECTORY:0:1}${DIRECTORY_OPTS}o)”

Should look like this (without the quotes):
“exten => #,2,AGI(directory,${DIR-CONTEXT},ext-local,${DIRECTORY:0:1}${DIRECTORY_OPTS})”

Second to last character in the line is garbage…

Hope this helps[/quote]

Thank you! Had the same issue. Is this a known bug with 1.2?

FreePBX > GENERAL SETTINGS > Company Directory > Find users in the Company Directory by: First Name (or last name – either one works)

Using “First or Last Name” breaks it.