Cisco 7914,15,16?

I know I’ve been asking a lot of questions. Hopefully soon I can contribute with some answers once I learn a little more.

Anyway…

I’m curious about something. I’ve been trying to find out if the Cisco 7915 and or 7916 expansion modules work with Cisco phones running the SIP firmware and Asterisk.

This post here: Cisco 7915 Expansion modules

was originally a question asking if the 7915 worked with Asterisk, however it seemed to get sidetracked by someone saying that the 7914 was indeed compatible after the original poster assumed it was not.

The original question of is the 7915 compatible seemingly was never answered. I still wonder if it is. In addition, I wonder if the 7916 is compatible also.

That being said, my question is two parts:

1. Are the 7915 and 7916 Asterisk compatible?

2. If so, how are they configured/what does it take to get them working?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

I may have found my answer on this. After doing more research I discovered this page:

http://docs.acsdata.co.nz/asterisk-cisco/document-overview.shtml

I don’t think the author comes right out and says that the sidecars are compatible with Asterisk when using the “cisco-usecallmanager” patch, however they do mention all three (7914,15,and 16) in the SEPMAC.cnf.xml part of the document by name, and explain what they are briefly. You’d wonder why do that if they don’t work.

So, I have to conclude there is a good chance they do.

I’ll post back here with my experiences setting it up when I get one and give it a try. In the meantime if anyone has further info they’d like to add please feel free. Thanks for giving some patience to a noob! :slight_smile:
__