Chanspy whisper mode behaves like barge mode instead

My call center application tried to spy on channel with whisper mode via AMI, but I realized that it acted like barge mode instead of whisper mode.

My application would bridge inbound call to agent via call queue, I would like to spy on agent’s channel and whisper to the agent, however, both the inbound call’s channel and agent’s channel would hear the spying channel(local/8000).

I would like to implement only the agent’s channel(local/8009) would hear the spying channel(local/8000). I don’t know what’s wrong with my setting. Would it be I’m spying on local channel that causing the problem??

The version of asterisk I’m using is 1.6.2.24.

My application would submit the following via AMI:
Action: Originate
Channel: local/8000
Application: ChanSpy
Data: local/8009,qw
Timeout: 30000
Account:

Would anyone help? Many Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ann

Wrong forum: should be Asterisk support.

Are you sure the caller didn’t hear an echo from the Agent’s phone. I don’t think whisper mutes the reverse direction - that would itself be obvious - so any echo of the whisper would go through.

Oh… sorry for placing the post in the wrong place.

Hmm, I don’t think it’s echo, both the agent’s channel and inbound call’s channel hear the spying channel loud and clear.

In the normal way, I suppose in whisper mode the spying channel is attaching to agent’s channel and only agent’s channel would hear the spying channel, the inbound call’s channel would not hear anything from spying channel.

I tried the agent’s channel as local channel that would actually linking to a SIP channel using softphone and local channel that would making outbound to PSTN via SIP trunk. The outcome is the same, both the agent’s channel and inbound call’s channel hear the spying channel loud and clear just as if they’re in conference.

I really have no idea what’s wrong

Many Thanks!