CentOS - Asterisk User Password

Hi,
Does anyone know what password is set for the asterisk user in CentOS. I want to ftp to the server and log in as asterisk to send some files.
Thanks

maint
password

if you are talking about trixbox then its

root and password

No. I’m looking for the console password for the user asterisk. Nothing to do with FreePBX or Trixbox. maint is not a user. I have set a root password and can login as root. At the CentOS console login prompt… login: asterisk
Password: ???

you set the password when you installed centos. its what ever you made it

On regular CentOS you can not log in to ftp via root. You have to create a new user and then give it permission to access all the diffrent directories that you want it to be able to write to.

[quote=“dhaggar”]No. I’m looking for the console password for the user asterisk. Nothing to do with FreePBX or Trixbox. maint is not a user. I have set a root password and can login as root. At the CentOS console login prompt… login: asterisk
Password: ???[/quote]

login as root to the console. then do ‘passwd asterisk’ to set the asterisk user’s password.

BUT: Check the profile of the asterisk user. some setups set this user to a non-login account; meaning they aren’t able to login interactively, just there to run programs.

(check the user in /etc/passwd… if the shell is something like /bin/nologin or something, you won’t be able to login without some unix mojo)