CEL Custom Event Field

I’m using cel_odbc module and trying to add a custom event field to the calls. I create a new column into the DB, reloaded cel_odbc module and tried to set a value from the dialplan for this field but for some reason it is not populated. I tried to use both function (CDR/CHANNEL) from the dialplan:

CHANNEL(myfield)=demo

as well:

CDR(myfield)=demo

but none of them are working. By using the CHANNEL function I’m getting the error that the item is not available:

func_channel_write_real: Unknown or unavailable item requested: 'myfield'

which is not the case for the CDR function. Also, I noticed that the CHANNEL function is working well for the standard fields, like <CHANNEL(userfield)=demo> whilst the CDR function isn’t working even for that. I enabled the debug logs but couldn’t see any errors or warnings about that - just the SQL statement showing empty that field. Is there anything else to do in order to get it working?
Using Asterisk certified/16.8-cert10 with pjsip channel driver.

asterisk*CLI> cel show status 
CEL Logging: Enabled
CEL Tracking Event: ALL
CEL Tracking Event: CHAN_START
CEL Tracking Event: CHAN_END
CEL Tracking Event: HANGUP
CEL Tracking Event: ANSWER
CEL Tracking Event: APP_START
CEL Tracking Event: APP_END
CEL Tracking Event: BRIDGE_ENTER
CEL Tracking Event: BRIDGE_EXIT
CEL Tracking Event: PARK_START
CEL Tracking Event: PARK_END
CEL Tracking Event: BLINDTRANSFER
CEL Tracking Event: ATTENDEDTRANSFER
CEL Tracking Event: USER_DEFINED
CEL Tracking Event: LINKEDID_END
CEL Tracking Event: PICKUP
CEL Tracking Event: FORWARD
CEL Tracking Event: LOCAL_OPTIMIZE
CEL Tracking Application: all
CEL Event Subscriber: ODBC CEL backend

I don’t believe CEL supports such a thing. You can generate custom events[1] and there is also userfield which can be set using the CHANNEL dialplan function.

[1] Asterisk 18 Application_CELGenUserEvent - Asterisk Project - Asterisk Project Wiki

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.