Can't make zaptel

My pc had a problem starting KDE in SuSE9.3
I have been able to recover from that error.
However I have to reinstall my Zaptel drivers.

when I do “make” , I get following error.

/lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.7-default/build
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.7-default/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/zaptel modules
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux-2.6.11.4-21.7-obj/i386/default' make[1]: *** No rule to make targetmodules’. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11.4-21.7-obj/i386/default’
make: *** [linux26] Error 2
linux:/usr/src/zaptel #

So “make install” won’t execute either. And this means I can’t install the driver wctdm.

What is the meaning of the error ***No rule to make target ‘modules’. Stop ???
What is causing this error?

Gr.
Henk

This error is generated because you do not have kernel sources installed in the location /usr/src/linux-2.6.11.4-21.7-obj/i386/default. You should either install them or if they are already installed, try updating the package. I use Suse and sometimes their kernel updates can cause these problems. Go into Yast, go to Software Management, find the kernel-source package, and either install it or update it. That should take care of this error.

Good Luck,
Dan

[quote=“dmikusa”]This error is generated because you do not have kernel sources installed in the location /usr/src/linux-2.6.11.4-21.7-obj/i386/default. You should either install them or if they are already installed, try updating the package. I use Suse and sometimes their kernel updates can cause these problems. Go into Yast, go to Software Management, find the kernel-source package, and either install it or update it. That should take care of this error.

Good Luck,
Dan[/quote]

Thanks very much Dan for your reply.
It’s OK now.

Gr.
Henk