Please respond: zaptel install on Suse 9

I’m unable to install zaptel on my SLES 9 box. I’ve read a number of posts on this but none of them solve my problem. If I issue a

make clean

I get…

grep: /lib/modules/2.6.5-7.252-default/build/include/linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/zaptel-1.4.0-beta2/menuselect' rm -f menuselect *.o make[1]: Leaving directory/usr/src/zaptel-1.4.0-beta2/menuselect’
rm -f torisatool makefw tor2fw.h radfw.h
rm -f fxotune fxstest sethdlc-new ztcfg ztdiag ztmonitor ztspeed zttest zttool
rm -f *.o ztcfg tzdriver sethdlc sethdlc-new
rm -f libtonezone.so libtonezone.a *.lo
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.5-7.252-default/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/zaptel-1.4.0-beta2 clean
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.252-obj/i386/default' [b]make[1]: *** No rule to make targetclean’. Stop.[/b]
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.252-obj/i386/default’
make: *** [clean] Error 2

if I try to run make, I get…

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `modules’. Stop.

Any thoughts?

Mark Flach <><

Can anyone solve this?

Mark Flach

You don’t have the kernel source installed. On SuSE I believe that the package name is kernel-source. It’s a rather large package and you need it to build the zaptel modules.

You can tell that this is the case because of this line.

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.252-obj/i386/default’

It is entering the directory where your kernel source lives, and it can’t find the Makefile to compile the kernel stuff.

If you installed the kernel-source package already and have since install a kernel update (via YOU). You will need to update the kernel-source package so that you get the kernel source for the most recent kernel.

Dan