Cant get sip phone top connect to new install

Hi There

I have 2 installations of Asterisk that I presume are setup correctly. The first is Asterisk 1.4.30 on CentOS 5.3. I have about 60 sip phones on this working great. The 2nd Installation not so great.

The 2nd installation is Asterisk 11.2-cert1 on CentOS 6.4. I did the setup according to this awesome blog blogs.digium.com/2012/11/05/how- … -centos-6/ and everything seems fine.

I just cant get any sip phone to connect. No matter what i have tried. I used the below link to assist me in getting a basic dial plan and sip phones working but still doesnt connect. wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … ctionality

I get the following error on my X-Lite " Account: Account 1 could not be enabled. Problem at server, error 408. Try again later."

The same X-lite phone connects perfectly to the older installation. :confused:

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards
BazzieB

Show us the sip debug when you try to register. Also check if your PBX firewall is blocking the connection.

I think 408 is no resonse at all.

408 Request Timeout

The server could not produce a response within a suitable amount of
time, for example, if it could not determine the location of the user
in time. The client MAY repeat the request without modifications at
any later time.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt

It is most often faked by the client to indicate that it sent a request and got absolutely nothing back.

@navaismo how do i enable the sip debug? And how do i check the PBX firewall?

1. Run in the asterisk cli: sip set debug on

2. Run in the linux shell to see the current rules: iptables -L
    Run in the linux shell to stop iptables: iptables -F && service iptables stop

Then try to register and show us the complete asterisk cli output

[quote=“navaismo”]1) Run in the asterisk cli: sip set debug on

1. Run in the linux shell to see the current rules: iptables -L
    Run in the linux shell to stop iptables: iptables -F && service iptables stop

Then try to register and show us the complete asterisk cli output[/quote]

Hi navaismo

Thanks for all the help, iptables was on and this was blocking the connections. Thanks for all your assistance, i really appreciate it. :smiley:

Kind Regards
bazzieb