Can’t Connect an ADSL line

Dear All

I have Asterisk installed on Linux for our company. It have two digiam FXS cards installed. We upgraded two of our phone lines to ADSL lines. I connected the two lines trough a ADSL splitter ( it splits the mail line in to two as Phone an Modem) modem line goes to the ADSL modem. And the phone line can be connected to an ordinary telephone. I connected the telephone out to the digiam card but the line doesn’t work if I connect the line directly to the card it works. Below are the configuration files of the zapata.conf and the zaptel.conf. I searched the forum but couldn’t find any relevant posts. So pleas help me

zapata.conf

[channels]

context = pstn
language = en
signalling = fxs_ks
busydetect = yes
usecallerid = yes
hidecallerid = no
calleridcallwaiting = yes
callerid = asreceived
threewaycalling = yes
transfer = yes
cancallforward = yes
echocancel = yes
amaflags = default
group = 1
channel => 1-8

zaptel.conf

fxsks = 1-8
loadzone = us
defaultzone = us

Hi,
this sounds like some kind of cable problem, or different pinouts on different connectors?

Have you tried the cable from a phone that works?

I’m not sure of the pinouts on a USA type(?) ADSL filter, but I know the general wiring standard allows for two lines on different pins, and I think the Digium cards only work on the ‘Line 1’ pins (the middle two).

[quote=“rjenkins”]Hi,
this sounds like some kind of cable problem, or different pinouts on different connectors?

Have you tried the cable from a phone that works?

I’m not sure of the pinouts on a USA type(?) ADSL filter, but I know the general wiring standard allows for two lines on different pins, and I think the Digium cards only work on the ‘Line 1’ pins (the middle two).[/quote]

I checked all the cables the cables are working.
Is it some thing wrong wing the configuration file? The ADSL standard is G.DMT, I don’t know if I have to change the signalling type or not.

Hi,
the ADSL system basically puts a radio signal down the phone line for the data connection and leaves the voice side as it is.

The ADSL filter just blocks the radio signal from the phone.
The basic phone system and signalling are not changed in any way; if a normal phone still works, the Zaptel card should still work.

The only thing to be wary of is connecting an electronic line interface (such as a conventional dial-up modem or possibly a telephony card) directly to a phone line that has an ADSL signal on it. I’ve seen quite a few reports of modems being damaged by connecting them without the ADSL filter in line.

I assume the ADSL side is working OK? I have on rare occasions heard of the ADSL gear added at the telephone exchange being faulty and causing problems, but if your ADSL data is OK and working at a reasonable speed this is unlikely to be the case.

I use ADSL filters directly off of my Dmarc… it is a splitter / filter in which on side is filtered and one is passthrough… I find the Voice side of the Line to work perfectly but when I receive a call it knocks the ADSL down…
ive tried different filters but havent found one that works yet… looks to me like the TDM400 pulls more than 600 Ohms across the Loop causing the ADSL to fail during voice calls…
-CHris