Can we use multiple busypattern?

Hi,

Can we use multiple busypattern? Otherwise how can i handle multiple busy tones? For example in our country cellphones busy tone, fixed lines and our pstn’s busy tones are different. I must handle three different busy tones. How can i achieve this?

Thank you,

It’s possible by using the PlayTones-application in the BUSY-case.

I want to use this for hung up detection. Can i use it? Is there any documentation?

Look here http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Playtones

This is not for hang up detection. Sorry I don’t understand.
As far as i understand Playtone is only play tones. How can i use this for hung up detection?

Ok, than I probably understood Your goal the wrong way: If You’d like to detect busy-state on outgoing calls it depends on the technology You’re using for handling these calls: In the case of using a VOIP-carrier, the carrier should do the detection for You. If You’re using DAHDI or a PSTN-Gateway like Patton than I’m not sure how to achieve this 'cause I’m not specialized in tone detection on these channels tech’s. So sorry for directing You the wrong way … :unamused:

Firstly, it would be easier of you could arrange for polarity reversal disconnect supervision. Listening for busy tone is a hack.

Secondly, I would expect the busy tone in this case, which isn’t a real one, would come from the network adjacent to you, not the one that was the destination of the last call. I believe the dahdi disconnect logic assumes this.

I am only handle for incoming calls from switchboard, PSTN and mobile and all of them different busy tones. My system does not support polarity switching.

If incoming call from mobile phone and close then asterisk detects beep beep tone and closes the line.
If incoming call from PSTN or switchboard extension and close then asterisk not detects beep beep beep beeeeeeeep tone and line always open.

If I am change busy pattern then mobile hung up not work.

Your basic problem is that you are trying to make lines designed to driver simple extension phones actually provide the services of a PABX exchange line.

I don’t believe you can work round this with Asterisk without a lot of bespoke C coding.