Can call but can't hear voicemail, menu etc

I’ve just setup asterisk now using the xen disk image provided by rpath.

I was able to register 2 Cisco 7941’s running sip, as well as a x-lite softphone on OS X and call from extension to extension. that all works fine and I can hear the other parting from each extension.

However when I try to check voicemail, use meetme, go to the mainmenu or anything that uses the asterisk server menu system I can’t hear anything.

running the cli in verbose, I can see that it is playing the menu prompts.
For example checking voicemail and watching the prompts in the cli It asks me for the mailbox number, I can enter it and it asks me for the password etc. But I never hear anything on the handset. I only know what to do because of the verbose output on the cli.

The phones are using G711 codec.

How do I get it so that I can hear these.

Hi there in this Forum :wink:,

this problem hasn’t been solved yet… and, i’ve got the same problem.

So I thought maybe someone knows whats wrong with Xen Asterisk and the Ausio output…

So no matter what, playing DTMFs or audio files… no audio output…

(I’ve got the same configuration here locally… everything works fine!)

I’d say thankyou to every idea where i could figure out whats the problem!!

greetz myname

Hi

Make sure that no cards are defined in the zapata.conf and the zaptel.conf, as if they are and no card is installed you will get this effect.

Ian

–sorry doublepost

[quote=“ianplain”]Hi

Make sure that no cards are defined in the zapata.conf and the zaptel.conf, as if they are and no card is installed you will get this effect.

Ian[/quote]

So, maybe you could show me where this card should be defined, or whats wrong with my configuration. Here’s my zapata.conf: (btw i’m from Germany… just in case if u need this information)

If you dont want to get through the configfile just give me a hint where i can discover more about that… maybe a logfile i didn’t find till now…

; ;Just every nonComment line... would be too long otherwise [trunkgroups] [channels] context=default switchtype=national signalling=fxo_ls rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks usecallerid=yes hidecallerid=no callwaiting=yes usecallingpres=yes callwaitingcallerid=yes threewaycalling=yes transfer=yes canpark=yes cancallforward=yes callreturn=yes echocancel=yes echocancelwhenbridged=yes rxgain=0.0 txgain=0.0 group=1 callgroup=1 pickupgroup=1 immediate=no

And here the find commands for the two files if u need anything from them… just tell…

[quote]root:/home/userz# find / -name zapata.conf
/usr/share/doc-base/zapata.conf
/home/moritz/zapata.conf
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
root:/home/user# find / -name zaptel.conf
/usr/share/doc-base/zaptel.conf
controleur:/home/moritz# [/quote]

Thanks for helping me!! Ur doing me a great favour!!

greetz