Can ACD queue members be always off-hook?

Hi, I’m trying to configure Asterisk to allow a number of agents logged in from a number of SIP devices to receive calls from a single queue. However, I’d like them to be connected to Asterisk (listening to MOH for example) all the time. They would log in/out from an external application that uses AMI, which I’m developing. I can simulate dial, hangup, transfer, receive calls manually, anything really, while they’re connected, except receiving calls from a queue. The queue always thinks the devices are busy and therefore will never complete a call. Is this even possible? I’d like to use Asterisk’s queue facility since it works so well, instead of making one from scratch.

Heels

Asterisk Queues aren’t ACD specific.

The only non-deprecated use of Asterisk Agents (AgentLogin()), is for always on agents. Note that our experience is that call centre managers ask us to disable the music on hold.

Hi, thanks. So you’re saying it is possible, then? But how? How can the queue know which agents are free if their devices are technically busy?

The queue members are Agent channels, not the underlying real devices.

For outging calls, we had to turn them into incoming ones, using specila queues.

Thanks, I think I get it. I was adding interfaces to the queue, not agents. Do I still have to use agents.conf to define agents or is there a way to do it dynamically?

[quote=“david55”]Asterisk Queues aren’t ACD specific.

The only non-deprecated use of Asterisk Agents (AgentLogin()), is for always on agents. Note that our experience is that call centre managers ask us to disable the music on hold.[/quote]

Hi there,

I keep seeing references to AgentLogin will be removed, for always on agents. Is there an alternative for this as we use always on agents all the time? We’ve already disabled the music on hold, and have a full interface with xfr, bxfr, creating calls, etc that supports both off and on hook agents logged in, I would hate to see there being no ability to have off hook agents.

@Heels - use Asterisk Realtime

I’ve not seen such references, only ones to AgentCallbackLogin going, and there was sample code with some versions on how to simulate this. If you have a reference to AgentLogin going, I’d like a link.