Callerid, Voicemail, User Names, and SIP

I have my users all using numbers, even though we are only accessing from SIP Clients like twinkle and ekiga and xlite. I changed the user numbers to user names, and no one can access their voicemail now. When logging in to the voicemail system, after entering your password, it will say that the password is invalid.

In my extensions.conf i have it set so that users just dial 000 to get to voicemail, and it gets the callerid(num)@context and validates the password against that. I know that is where it is failing, but i don’t know how to get this to work without going back to numbered user names, which i do not want.

I also looked in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/context/ and the users’ mail boxes are there and are using the user name, so i concluded that this must be a callerid problem. I also tried using sipcallid instead of callerid(num) and that did not even identify the user, as you were first asked then to also enter your mailbox number.

Thanx

It is most probably because you did not change their corresponding username in voicemail.conf ?

Na, i changed it in extensions.conf, sip.conf, voicemail.conf, and users.conf

ok, so you might want to show us some code so we take a look

extensions.conf

[office]
exten => 000,1,VoiceMailMain(${CALLERID(num)}@office)
exten => 000,n,Hangup()

exten => Vector,1,Answer()
exten => Vector,n,Playback(transfer)
exten => Vector,n,Dial(SIP/Vector,66,m)
exten => Vector,n,Voicemail(Vector@office)
exten => Vector,n,PlayBack(vm-goodbye)
exten => Vector,n,Hangup()

sip.conf

[Vector] context=office type=friend username=Vector mailbox=Vector@office host=dynamic qualify=yes register => Vector@office callerid=("Vector" <Vector>)

users.conf

[Vector] fullname = Vector email = SomeoneAtGmail.com secret = 123456 hasvoicemail = yes vmsecret = 1234 dahdichan = 1 hassip = yes hasiax = no hash323 = yes hasmanager = no callwaiting = yes context = office

voicemail.conf

[office]
Vector => Vector,Vector,Alexander.Grim@Gmail.com,,attach=yes

I notice you have specified:

Vector => Vector,Vector,Alexander.Grim@Gmail.com,attach=yes

Which means this user has to enter “Vector” as the password,
my guess is that you should leave the password as numeric.

In fact your code looks good, it might be just that its not supported…!

Here is an excerpt of the source code:

char password[80]; /*!< Secret pin code, numbers only */

Or you might want to try to noop() your caller id to make sure
it goes as you want.

Cheers

Tried that, and “Verbose(${CALLERID(num)@context)”, to no avail. The password itself is comprised solely of 4 numerical chracters.

[quote=“makafre”]I notice you have specified:

Vector => Vector,Vector,Alexander.Grim@Gmail.com,attach=yes

Which means this user has to enter “Vector” as the password,
my guess is that you should leave the password as numeric.[/quote]

HA! I didn’t even see this post. This was the exact solution.

I am guessing that this paramater overrides the parameter for voicemail password in users.conf? It must, because i do include the correct password in users.conf, and this was messing it up. I wonder why there is an option in users.conf to specify a voicemail password, when it seems that it is REQUIRED in voicemail.conf; seems kind of redundant.

Thank you very much for your help. It is much appreciated. :smiley: