Called party can't hear caller at first

I have a system running 1.4 r81383 built from source using a TDM400P for external POTS lines. My Polycom SIP phones are on the same network (no NAT).

Sometimes, but not everytime, when making an outbound external call, the called party picks up and the caller can hear them, but there is a 3-10 second delay before the called party can hear the caller.

I’ve played around with echo cancelling/call progress settings, but nothing seems to have an effect.

The destination of a call appears like it has an effect, but my sample size isn’t big enough for me to make that claim. It seems to not happen when I call other landlines, but it does happen when I call cell phones or lines through FIOS service.

Any ideas?

jschweitzer
I had almost the same issue, short delay with call going through, delay after answer etc.
I’ve solved this by setting STUN server to an empty string in SIP phone configuration.

[quote=“georgy”]jschweitzer
I had almost the same issue, short delay with call going through, delay after answer etc.
I’ve solved this by setting STUN server to an empty string in SIP phone configuration.[/quote]

That didn’t seem to work (in xlite I set the “use specified STUN server” to empty string).

Hey,
Are you using an external headset with these polycom phones?

Thanks
-TheLostPacket

[quote=“thelostpacket”]Hey,
Are you using an external headset with these polycom phones?

Thanks
-TheLostPacket[/quote]

No, just normal.

I think it turns out to actually be the callprogress setting, though. I seem to be having problems in general with one of my soft phones, and that caused a false negative the first time i tested the system with call progress off.

I’m essentially considering this closed, and will figure out the soft phone thing later… might just be not enough mic gain on my computer.

Do you have jitterbug enabled ?