Call transferring, not channel bridging

Hello everyone,

I have Asterisk server with PRI line and need to transfer calls going to particular DID to external phone number. Here is dial plan part I have:

exten => did,1,Answer()
exten => did,n,System(/bin/echo ${CALLERID(name)}" | “${CALLERID(num)}” | “${CDR(start)}” | “${CDR(dst)}” | "${CDR(uniqueid)} >> /var/log/asterisk/custom/incoming-calls-forward.txt)
exten => did,n,Dial(DAHDI/g1/external_number)
exten => did,n,Hangup()

Eventually I’m creating second channel and bridging them together. And the problem is that I’m sending default caller ID name and number to “external_number”. I could set callers ID’s on outbound channel but some carriers don’t like that.

Can someone please hint me how to do call transferring on Asterisk instead of what I’m currently doing.

Thanks a lot!

I presume you mean on analogue lines.

Hello david55,

Thank you for quick response. Sorry, but I didn’t actually understood where is the part in text that could be changed to “analog lines” and would make some difference to problem resolution.

Thanks again!

If it was a SIP channel, you would use the Transfer application. I it is an analogue line, I believe the only way is to explicitly hook flash and send the DTMF transfer code. For a circuit switched digital line, I don’t think there is any way of doing it.

Note that VoIP service providers probably won’t honour transfers.

[quote=“david55”]If it was a SIP channel, you would use the Transfer application. I it is an analogue line, I believe the only way is to explicitly hook flash and send the DTMF transfer code. For a circuit switched digital line, I don’t think there is any way of doing it.

Note that VoIP service providers probably won’t honour transfers.[/quote]

Got it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!