Call recording location in freepbx

Hello,

I would like to put call recordings in my freepbx to different sub directories based on date and time under the default location which is /var/spool/asterisk/monitor. I would like to set it up like the following
/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2010/07/01/12 (2010 -year , 07-month, 01-day,12-hour) .
Anyone please direct me to do this.

Thanks

create your desired directory structure, then try the following

mv 20100701-12.wav /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2010/07/01/12

This is a non-asterisk related question and you should mind not to post these kind of questions on this forum.

Hello Vinodc,

It is of course a asterisk related question
. I think you did not get what i wrote here.
Currently when you make calls the files are recorded in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor. That means every single file will be stored under this single directory. I want these recordings to be stored in corresponding sub directories based on time and date and i am not talking about a manual method as you suggested. I want asterisknow to do it ON THE FLY when the calls are being made.

In brief we can say asterisk should store recordings in subdirectories that corresponds to date and hour of the call being made (ex: if the call happened at date 30-06-10 and time 16 hours the call recordings should be put in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2010/06/30/16/ ) instead of the parent directory /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/

This is the wrong forum for AsteriskNow. However, I doubt that AsteriskNow can do this, so you probably need to work at the Asterisk level. I’d start by looking at using an h extension.

You can always change the source code.