Call Pickup not working

Hi all

Call pickup is not working after update to asterisk 1.4.19 .
Works only *8xxx (xxx=3 digit ringing extension ) but *8 never works now to pickup from the same group .

Anyone can help

Thanks.

Hi again
This is important to me , how can i restore or make some checks for the *8 feature in asterisk ?
Please anyone expert here ?

Thanks

Hi
Revert to 1.4.18, there seems to be dtmf issues with feature codes in 1.4.19.

Ian

Thanks for your post
I find out what is wrong ( after a searching and work for 16 !!! hours ) and solve my problem .
When someone upgrades the asterisk to 1.4.19.1 version that doesnt mean that the settings from the prev fine working version is OK .
SO

In the old version i never set the pickupgroup & callgroup in the extension properties from freePBX and everything works OK
But now i find out after all that work that i have to set it to 1 , additionaly i found that the *8 you put in freePBX to Pickup is nothing to do with the with the *8 ( Built in option on asterisk )
This is to diferent things .

To change the build in option in asterisk you have to got to features_general_custom.conf AND ONLY IN THAT FILE and just put pickupexten => *8 or whatever you like ( *7 , *5 etc ) be sure this digits not used somewhere else like *77 or *56

Then you go on freePBX Feature codes and put on Call Pickup something but *** NOT *** the *8 for example put *7 or *0 .
This makes the job

A) Pickup everything ringing with *8
B) Pickup the extension you like by dial *0xxx ( xxx=3 digit ringing extension number ) for example dial *0327 you pick up the 327 witch is ringing from external call .
C) If you want to pickup extension from internal call
( for examle the boss call from 333 the secretary in 327 for a blowjob and she is not in her desk i dial *0327 and say << she is not here she is blowing somewhere else>> )
then you have to go to extensions_additional.conf and in section [app-pickup] make it look like this one

[app-pickup]
include => app-pickup-custom
exten => _*0.,1,Noop(Attempt to Pickup ${EXTEN:2} by ${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _*0.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-did-direct)
exten => _*0.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})

But carefull every time you go to freePBX and submit changes in the Feature Code page you lose this setting and you have to make it again

THE ALL PROBLEM IS THAT NOONE REAL HELPS IN THIS FORUMS AND NOONE WRITES LIKE I DO NOW WITH FU…ING CLEAR ENGLISH WHEN THEY FOUND A SOLUTION SO OTHER PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ALL THIS OPTIONS , HOW THEY CHANGE , HOW THEY WORK - SO WE CAN TROUBLESHOOT OURSELVES

sorry for the uppercase thats not for you
I m very bead now , i have to sleep
Bye and Thanks again
:smile:))

Hi

Ok you found that you had made some assumptions and errors, Blaiming members of the forum is a sure way to not get help. If you read your original post you will see that you did not mention using freepbx. Freepbx uses diffeent files to vanilla asterisk and its important to understand this. also editing the files that are rewriten isnt a good idea.

the feature codes in free pbx “should” be copied over to asterisk and they are the features used.

Its good that you posted your findings but these are only valid for a user with freepbx and wanting to overide the default settings.

Ian

Yeah you are right .
The whole think was hard for me.

Anyway i have another post speaking to myself
Any ideas have a look -> forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=69981#69981

Thanks .

Hi

Ok you found that you had made some assumptions and errors, Blaiming members of the forum is a sure way to not get help. If you read your original post you will see that you did not mention using freepbx. Freepbx uses diffeent files to vanilla asterisk and its important to understand this. also editing the files that are rewriten isnt a good idea.

the feature codes in free pbx “should” be copied over to asterisk and they are the features used.

Its good that you posted your findings but these are only valid for a user with freepbx and wanting to overide the default settings.

Ian

Ok Ian
Hope to get some more help now