Call phone by clicking on number in web

Im newbie from asterisk and elastix but professional in PHP programming!, so I want to call mobile number in my users panel in web. exactly when user click on a number, connect to asterisk and call selected mobile number via specified internal extension. is there any solution? I don’t know about using any softphone or not. I don’t want to use any client softphone if possible.

I used some php code with AMI and shift8, but my problem is when user calling and how can user talk with another without softphone?

google.co.uk/search?q=asteri … =firefox-a

The users obviously need some sort of VoIP phone! I guess you could use the business version of Windows Messenger, as it has some SIP softphone capability.

The General forum isn’t a Support forum.

thanks to replay but I just want to using an interface on web. I mean when asterisk calling to my number, so how can speack with another on web. is there any web interface softphone or I have to use desktop softphone if possible

For performance reasons, any such software would have to be Flash or ActiveX. ActiveX has particular security issues and is limited to Windows. I’m not sure if Flash now has the low level support needed for SIP, but even if it has, Flash is not guaranteed on non-Microsoft platforms, and some peolpe avoid enabling it, because it tends to be associated with content that is not useful.

I’d suggest doing a search including Flash in the keywords (possibly with a negative selection for “hook flash”).

read and enjoy

wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … TC+Support

The Wikipedia reference, that leads to, seems to suggest that it is not production quality and not supported by IE.

The latter means it is only useful for closed environments. Most corporate environments tend to be IE based, and would probably go for a separate soft phone, if not using hard VoIP phones.

It looks like this is a continuation of the tendency for everything to try to do everything, and basically become the OS. As Microsoft produce the dominant operating system, and also they bundle a VoIP application (originally Messenger, and now Skype), and have a business VoIP offering, including soft phones (Lync), I suspect that it will only become a priority for IE if people start using it heavily, even without IE support, and in preference to Skype or Lync.

You already have an existing service that you can use:

vox.io/

The question here is about the client. I don’t think the OP wants any visible involvement of a third party application service, and would probably prefer not to have one behind the scenes.

As the web site is not very forthcoming on how it works, I would be concerned that they are going to install an ActiveX client (or fail to on my Linux system). In fact, on the first two levels of web page, I would be very wary of using that service.

The typical application here is that the OP wants people to be able to establish voice communication with him, without having to set up any supporting infrastructure (other than what he assumes typical PC users already have) first. If it is a business, it might be an ordering, or pre-sales support line.

Unless he is in a market which more or less guarantees that those interested always have the latest Windows system, he may be making unrealistic assumptions about what they already have.

you could try this zoiper.com/webphone/

thanks to answer,
I have php code:

[code]<?php
$host = “ASTERISK IP ADDRESS”;
$user = “admin”;
$secret = “password”;

$channel = $_REQUEST[‘extension’];

$context = “from-internal”;
$waitTime = “30”;

$priority = “1”;
$maxRetry = “2”;
$number=strtolower($_REQUEST[‘number’]);
$pos=strpos ($number,“local”);
if ($number == null) :
exit() ;
endif ;
if ($pos===false) :
$errno=0 ;
$errstr=0 ;
$callerId = “Web Call $number”;
$oSocket = fsockopen (“localhost”, 5038, &$errno, &$errstr, 20);
if (!$oSocket) {
echo “$errstr ($errno)
\n”;
} else {
fputs($oSocket, “Action: login\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Events: on\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Username: $user\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Secret: $secret\r\n\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Action: originate\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Channel: $channel\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “WaitTime: $waitTime\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “CallerId: $callerId\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Extension: $number\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Context: $context\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Priority: $priority\r\n\r\n”);
fputs($oSocket, “Action: Logoff\r\n\r\n”);
sleep(2);
fclose($oSocket);
}
echo “Extension $channel should be calling $number.” ;
else :
exit() ;
endif ;
?>[/code]

by clicking on number in web page, asterisk call my number via client softphone and it’s ok, but how can limit user to calling specified number in my database list not call from their softphone.
Is there any solution to authenticate calling number from php code or limit extension to just call specified numbers?

In the context that you use for make the outbound call, you can insert a phpagi that validate the # that the user dial in a database, if the number is valid allow the call if not denied.