Call parking no route to complete this call

Hi,

I am new to asterisk but have been working with a VoIP provider to deliver service to a company in my area. We want to do call parking, which from what I have read should be fairly easy to accomplish. I am using aastra 57i phones.

My features.conf file has call parking enabled and the context set to parkedcalls.

However, the VoIP provider has an extensions.conf configuration that I am not familiar with. From what I can tell as a newbie, his extension.conf file references an agi file which I think includes a dialplan. Is it in the dialplan that I need to somehow setup call parking, or should I be able to just include the context in extensions.conf? I have tried putting the include command in a couple of different places in extensions.conf with no luck. When I try to call the call parking number, I just get a no route error on the phone.

this is what the extensions.conf file looks like:

[public]
exten => i,1,congestion

[ivr-incoming]
exten => myphonenumberishere, 1,agi(custom_ivr.agi)

exten => _X. ,1000,Directory(ivr,ivr-directory,e,b,m)
exten => _X. ,1001,goto(1)

[ivr-outgoing]
exten => *99,1,VoicemailMain(${mbox}@ivr)
exten => *98,1,VoicemailMain(@ivr)
exten => 198,1,agi(custom_ivr.agi)

exten => _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(NUM)=mynumber)
exten => _X.,2,Dial(Local/${EXTEN}@custom-outgoing/n)

exten => _1XX,1,Dial(SIP/ext${EXTEN},15)
exten => _1XX,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: ) – this line does not work for internal/external rings, another issue i am having
exten => _1XX,2,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@ivr)
exten => _1XX,102,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@ivr)

[custom-outgoing]
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@custom)

Any ideas?

zac

extensions.conf is the dialplan. AGI is a way of doing first party call control from a scripting language. It is often used because the coder doesn’t sufficiently understand how to do things directly in the dialplan.

parkedcalls needs to be included from the context named in the sip.conf entry for the device that will try to initiate parking, and for the devices that will try to retrieve parked calls.

That is probably ivr-outgoing, in your case, although ivr seems to be misnaming, in that case.

Yes, ivr-outgoing is the context named in sip.conf for the different extensions. however, I am sure that I have tried to put the “include => parkedcalls” there before with no luck.

how does call parking work? I understand that in features.conf it states that the parking lot range is from 701-720 but is that where asterisk creates the extensions from? The reason I ask is because it seems as though the extensions don’t exist as the error that I receive is that there is “no route” which to me sounds like “that extension does not exist”.

thoughts? other than having the features.conf file configured as per default for parking and having the correct context (ie. the one in sip.conf for the devices/extensions) listed in extensions.conf, are there any other configuration settings that need to be enabled or disabled to allow this to work?

thanks for helping a newbie.

zac

With the defaults, 700 is created immediately. 701 up are only created when a call is parked on them and, I believe, are removed when the call is retrieved or abandoned

No joy. I have tried including it in that context as such with no luck. I always get the same message 105, no route to complete this call:

[ivr-outgoing]
include => parkedcalls
exten => *99,1,VoicemailMain(${mbox}@ivr)
exten => *98,1,VoicemailMain(@ivr)
exten => 198,1,agi(custom_ivr.agi)

exten => _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(NUM)=mynumber)
exten => _X.,2,Dial(Local/${EXTEN}@custom-outgoing/n)

exten => _1XX,1,Dial(SIP/ext${EXTEN},15)
exten => _1XX,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: ) – this line does not work for internal/external rings, another issue i am having
exten => _1XX,2,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@ivr)
exten => _1XX,102,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@ivr)

When I had asked my provider to help me with this issue, he said that he had never played with call parking much and would have to look into it but he did state that he would, and I quote, “not route that dialed code to the termination gateway.” Does the way he has the extensions.conf file configured prevent me from using parking in the usual way?

I cannot find that message in the code. Are you sure you have transcribed it properly? Are you sure that it is coming from Asterisk?

Doing some google searches the only result that came up with anything similar was one individual who was receiving an “error 104” with the same “no route is available to complete this call”. His issue was related to editing the line in follow-me that determines the use of “1” when dialing out long distance. However, this does not seem to be related to call parking as its just an internal call not a long distance call. Or is it possible that dialing “1” is somehow needed by call parking as well?