Call Files

Hi,

Is it possible to make more than one call using a single call file? I have tried numerous options.

Thanks

Graeme

No, a call file represents a single call. If you want to establish multiple you need to create multiple call files.

I dont use call files, but I think he could use local channel on the call file to make multiples calls using a single call file…

That will make multiple simultaneous outgoing calls but only the call that answers will be accepted, all others will be hung up. If that is the behavior you want then a Local channel is fine.

If you want to make multiple simultaneous calls and have them all go somewhere upon answer then a Local channel won’t work.

[quote=“jcolp”]That will make multiple simultaneous outgoing calls but only the call that answers will be accepted, all others will be hung up.
[/quote]

You are absolutely right man, but this behavior can be tweaked using the originate() command instead of dial()

Yes, although that’s a round-about way when you could just write multiple files with a unique name and have more control. The Originate application only provides a limited subset of call file functionality.

As per my experience that will make multiple simultaneous outgoing calls but only the call that answers will be accepted, all others will be hung up.
If that is the behavior you want then a Local channel is fine.
If you want to make multiple simultaneous calls and have them all go somewhere upon answer then a Local channel won’t work.