Call-Back feature

Hello Friends

I need a help regarding Asterisk PBX.

I am doing a project right now on Call-Back feature

The scenario is, I have a network.Each person within the network has a phone along

with the computer. But phone is not connected to the computer. Phone has a separate

line.I am not using a modem here.

A software is installed on each of the systems which has a address book. So when a

person within that network selects a phone-number from the address book a call

should be established between the two people (like a call centre set-up). The

called number can be cell phone number or ordinary landline number(PSTN).

So how I can make the whole process work with help of a asterisk PBX. Atleast give

some guidlines.

Thank you                           
                                                           Rahul Babu
                                                         Software Engineer
                                                          Accel Frontline

[quote=“rahulbabu007”]
So how I can make the whole process work with help of a asterisk PBX. [/quote]

Sounds like you are bundling Jajah with an address book? (Take a look at jajah.com/ if you don’t know them - no relationship.)

Depending on the nature of your project, your choices vary. If this is for work, you don’t need Asterisk. Just put Jajah’s Web code in your address book application. (More exactly, pre-fill the Web form with selected number and the originator’s number, like the Firefox plugin.) Should be doable in 20 min if you already have the source code of the address book. And calls are free - at least for now.

If this is a student project, and you are familiar with Asterisk, you can easily find a few cookbook scripts and examples from the Internet, or cook something yourself in a few hours. The outline of the solution is actually very simple: when a person within that network selects a phone-number from the address book, your hacked address book will ask Asterisk to call both the selected number and the number of the initiator - and bridge the two calls. (But this goes without saying because that’s what a PBX does.) OK. So I didn’t give you a guide line. You said it yourself.

If you are not already familiar with Asterisk or another PBX, install one now. Asterisk does not provide many cookie cutter solutions. It’s a powerful engine for many tasks. You just need to learn the “language” - it even comes with a “language-like” language if you are so inclined - and it will do whatever you tells it to.

Hope this helps.