Building rpm on RHEL ES4 with asterisk 1.4 - make rpm fails

Hello,
I’m trying to install Asterisk 1.4 on a RedHat RHEL ES4 box, with no zaptel stuff (it’ll be a pure VoIP PBX). I grabbed the asterisk 1.4 tarball from digium, and ran a configure; make and it worked just fine. I then did a ‘make rpm’, and saw the following error :

Processing files: asterisk-1.4.0-1
error: File not found: /tmp/asterisk/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
error: File not found by glob: /tmp/asterisk/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/*
Processing files: asterisk-devel-1.4.0-1
Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1

RPM build errors:
File not found: /tmp/asterisk/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
File not found by glob: /tmp/asterisk/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/*
make: *** [__rpm] Error 1

Sure enough, there’s nothing in the /tmp/asterisk/var/lib/asterusk/mohmp3 directory. I did a bit of a google but didn’t find anything, except that the mpg123 stuff is depreciated in 1.4, but it seems that the rpm spec doesn’t know about this yet?

am I best off just doing a make install (and thus, turning a reasonably manageable RH box into one less neat) or trying to hack at it until I get the rpm build working properly? Or, have I done something wrong? I did a ./configure with no arguments, is there some flag to pass to it to get it to build the mohmp3 directory in the tmp directory tree?

Also, offtopic, can anyone recommend a good free soft phone for windows? There’s loads of them that google found, but what’s good and free and not full of spyware etc?