Building Asterisk with E1 interface to cisco router

Hi,
Before jumping into real stuff, I must admit that I am a beginer to asterisk and have tried to search for the answer in all the limited documentation and forums. I’ll really appreciate if you can direct me to documentation/other-posts/right solution for problem explained briefly below. Please feel free to let me know that I should include more details to help you in order for you to help me on this.

The problem:

We are trying to setup an environment where POTS phones/faxes are converted to E1 channel (no voip only TDM) which further feeds into a Cisco router. As I understand, any of T1/E1 card (like Digium TE220B) along with any other FXO card should be able to help me achieve this. However I am confused how should the E1 channel be configured (I am not able to find details anywhere so far). I have already started downloadin asterisknow to try it (ofcourse I’ll be bying hardware as soon as I have some comfirt level in solution) but I’ll really appreciate if someone could guide me in right direction for these requirements.

Thanks,
Avnish

First of all I’m not speak English very well.
I have working Asterisk with Cisco very well, and in this way Asterisk doesn’t have any interface to connect to the E1 line, only Cisco router does. But if you want a configuration for this interface (TE22B), I think that the “te400series-user-manualâ€

Thanks for your help rogergscuall, I am downloading the manual right now and will go through it.

Again, Appreciate your help!!

Regards,
Avnish