[BUG] with make menuselect.menuopts

Hi,

trying to script the installation, but it keeps failing du to an error in build_tools/menuselect-deps

the precise description is:

[quote]menuselect/menuselect --check-deps menuselect.makeopts
Unknown value ‘’ found in build_tools/menuselect-deps for NATIVE_ARCH[/quote]

When you open the file menuselect-deps there is an entry last for NATIVE_ARCH with no value (all hte others have a 1 or 0 after the name)

But dont know If I should set this to 1 or 0 as I have tried to search for what it is but I can’t find any info on it.

and the problem is that the menuselect-deps does not exist before you run

I could just make the file and copy over the one being created, but that still leaves me with not knowing if the option for NATIVE_ARCH should be 1 or 0.

Can any one help me solve this?

The download is Asterisk 11.10.0
and the installation is on a 64 bit CentOS 6.5

Kind regards,
Jonas Christoffersen

This sounds like something related to running configure on an unusual system. As such you need to tell us precisely what processor and OS you are using.

Of course, the general rule about telling us the Asterisk version also applies.

Hi,

First sorry to revive an old thread, but that seemed the best place to do so.

I have the exact same issue. System is pretty standard. A CentOS 6.5 x86_64 box bare image with just the necessary stuff to build asterisk from sources.

Reading the configure.ac source file, NATIVE_ARCH will be set to empty string if compiler does not support -march=native or if it supports it but user customized CFLAGS.

Wouldn’t be better to assign AST_NATIVE_ARCH=0 in those cases? My goal in changing CFLAGS is to active compiler optimization and debug symbols (CXXFLAGS=’-O3 -g’ CFLAGS=’-O3 -g’). Maybe there is other way to achieve this? This would leave out CFLAGS customization and would put NATIVE_ARCH to 1 which I guess is the best settings for my system?

Here snippet in question:

AC_MSG_CHECKING(for -march=native support)
if $(${CC} -march=native -S -o /dev/null -xc /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1); then
	if test "${CONFIG_CFLAGS}" = ""; then
		AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
		AST_NATIVE_ARCH=1
	else
		AC_MSG_RESULT(user CFLAGS present)
		AST_NATIVE_ARCH=
	fi
else
	AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
	AST_NATIVE_ARCH=
fi
AC_SUBST(AST_NATIVE_ARCH)

Regards,
Matt

Jonas, I faced the same issue today. Did you supply any CFLAG? Anyway, please, continue there:
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-25289

Matt, yes, your proposal to fix this issue is the correct approach. However, to enable debugging symbols, you do not need to go for CFLAGS. Instead, please, continue there:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace