Bluetooth earpiece answer with press of button

Has anyone figured out a way to use a softphone with a bluetooth earpiece, and when an incoming call comes in, to press the answer button on the bluetooth earpiece to answer?

I am also interested in getting something like this working…

I have a Plantronics Voyager 510-USB - it works well with X-lite.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat29880043/cat29880043/prod5530003

[quote=“pmlco”]I have a Plantronics Voyager 510-USB - it works well with X-lite.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat29880043/cat29880043/prod5530003[/quote]

Can you use the button on it to answer/hangup calls? What version of x-lite are you using?

Yes, although it takes a few seconds to respond after you press the button. You get an audible beep, then you wait for the call to be answered. You should not be impatient and press the button again, because that will hang up the call!

However, I also use it with a Nokia N85 and there pressing the button doesn’t work with SIP calls, just GSM. This is a bug in the Nokia SIP client I think. I get round it by setting the phone to answer automatically when the headset is connected.

3.0, although it should work with any version, and Zoiper too.

Note that I use the supplied USB bluetooth adaptor. I think in theory it should work with any adaptor, but I haven’t tried it with any other.

Ian

Awesome, Im glad to hear that this will work with xlite.

Works with press-to-answer on xlite:
Plantronics Voyager 510-USB - $130~

Doesnt work with press-to-answer on xlite:
Motorolla HS850

Does anyone else have some bluetooth headsets that they can try with xlite? We can get a list going…im going to borrow a couple of my friends today and try it out, id like to find a cheaper one that works…anyone else that wants to test it would greatly be appreciated by alot of people.

Anyone?

cheaper solution would be nice…

Works with press-to-answer on xlite (tested by 1 person):
Plantronics Voyager 510-USB - $130~

Doesnt work with press-to-answer on xlite:
Motorolla HS850
Motorolla HT820
Sony DR-BT22A

Does NO ONE else have a bluetooth headset and xlite that could help us out? It does not take but a minute or 2 to test.

Greetings!

I can confirm the Plantronics 510-USB does work!
I used the bluetooth adapter that came with the headset, I did not try it with the built in bluetooth in my laptop.

Xlite and eyebeam both work.

This is using Plantronics PerSonoCall software also. It integrates in with several voip clients to make there press to talk, press to end button work.