Automatically dial number at specific time

Hey Guys

I am needing some help.
I am needing to automatically dial a number everyday at 8:00 AM from Asterisk. Is there a way to automate this in the dial plan? I know I could use the originate command from the manager, are there any other ways? Also if you had to use a AGI script etc, how would you work it that it will check the time and then dial out at exactly 8:00AM? I have had a look through the wiki, something like the wake up call but automated everyday monday to friday.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks
SuperX

i would probably use a cron job to drop a call file into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing

probably the simplest option.

two ways to do this.

1. search the wiki voip-info.org and download the PHP wake up call script. It’s an AGI that works great.

2. create a .call file that does whatever you want it to do. Now make a shell script which creates a copy of this file and moves the copy into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing. (You copy then move because apparently if you just copy, asterisk can snarf the file while the copy is in progress…). Now make a cron job that runs this script every day @ 8am.

3. do both to automate things. Give your file a similar name to the outgoing .call files generated by the wakeup php script, and have your shell script first post-date the copied file (change modified time as i recall) to be tomorrow @ 8am, then move it in. Cron the script to run at maybe 9:00am each day. Now if you want to change it when you get home you can dial the wakeup call script and it will say you have a wakeup call for 8am, so you can cancel it.