AsteriskNOW question?

Can someone build stuff on top of AsteriskNOW?
I mean, like installing the latest version of Asterisk, add FreePBX, create AGI scripts, etc?

Thanks

reading the philosophy behind AsteriskNOW, the idea is not to introduce the potential security holes that other packages bring, and simply to provide a secure platform to install, build and deploy Asterisk.

sure, you can install the other stuff with some configuration, a package manager and some copiling, but then you might as well just have used one of the other distros ?

[quote=“pepehammer”]Can someone build stuff on top of AsteriskNOW?
I mean, like installing the latest version of Asterisk, add FreePBX, create AGI scripts, etc?

Thanks[/quote]

Yes, with rpath and conary, the tools used to make asterisknow operating system, you can start another project based on AsteriskNOW and include any additions you want into it. Also, I’m sure as AsteriskNOW matures, you will find a lot more user committed and maintained modules available for it.

In shorts, conary is rpath’s package management system which is leaps and bounds above apt-get and yum. Conary is like a package management system + SVN rolled into one and designed specifically for creating software appliances quickly. Maybe I can conjure up someone to do a small tutorial on conary.

I want enabled the command yum and rpm.

how do it?
I need for a test.
But I download the drivers for yum ang rpm in extension for .tar.gz
but I cant not install the command…

what “command” are you using ? untar it (tar -zxvf ./) in your src directory (usually /usr/src) and read the files it outputs for install instructions.

[quote=“acguillermo”]I want enabled the command yum and rpm.

how do it?
I need for a test.
But I download the drivers for yum ang rpm in extension for .tar.gz
but I cant not install the command…[/quote]

AsteriskNow does not support yum or rpm. It only supports conary.

matt, i think the poster wants to install assorted other packages rather than updates to Asterisk.

AsteriskNow is based on the rPath/rLinux distro which uses the Conary package manager. More details here:

rpath.com/corp/products-rpath-linux.html

Any updates should be done with Conary for the OS, Asterisk and other packages.