Asterisk with spa3102

Hello, everybody iam new using asterisk i haave one week working it and my question is if i have the asterisk server with a private ip and my spa3102 with a private ip too then what is the ip address that i must give to my clientes for that they can set up the xlite or other softphone for they can connect to my asterisk server.

the spa3102 is router and gateway too but in mode of BRIGE i can not use the router, there are another way for use both and connect to my asterisk too

thank you so much
Regards

The IP is the asterisk server’s IP

ok Thanks so much for your answer, but I mean, I need put on the asterisk server a public ip? and put other public IP on my SPA3102 if I want add a PAP2 I need to put it a public IP too?

thanks
Regards

You don’t need a public IP for all this. You can put it on the same local network. But remember, that on the asterisk box, you need to open up UDP ports 5060, and UDP 10000 to 20000

thank you , and sorry i think that i do not explaime well , i mean if i have external clients, not in my local network like diferent country or place using the same server for call to the extension or numbers, not internal clients

Thank you
Regards

You open up UDP ports:

10000 to 20000

on the asterisk server

Then, you use the asterisk server’s public IP address, and you use that to register the spa3102. Make sure that the extension will have nat=yes

This wont work with nat=never

Hello iam configuring the spa3102 with my asterisk i have registered the pstn line and the line 1 but when i received a call tho the local line, pstn, asterisk show the message "rejected because extension not found "

do you know why show this message ?
i can not do no one call througth the pstn line, no one incoming and no one outbound calls, can you help me please.

thank so much
Regards

I’m typing you this from my blackberry so I can’t give you the exact link. And from my understanding you want to use a pstn line as one of your trunks?

Check out Voipspeak.net and there is an article there. It’s telling you what to do with FreePBX but I’m sure you can figure it out

The SPA3102 has nothing to do with this. Clients connect to the Asterisk server. For this, you must given them its public address, and route incoming connects on UDP5060 and (by default; it can be changed) UDP10000-20000 to the Asterisk server.

provu.co.uk/pdf/linksys/Link … NGUIDE.pdf
wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Linksys

thank you for your help, now i can not make outbound call by pstn, i dont know what i need dial for the tone, i have this config for the local calls.

[local]
exten => _Nxxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/Spa400/${EXTEN}

if I dial direct the number asterisk show me a error and i dont know what does _Nxxxxxx mean, can everyone explain me how it work please

the problen is only in outbound call to the pstn

thank you
regards

thank you for your help, now i can not make outbound call by pstn, i dont know what i need dial for the tone, i have this config for the local calls.

[local]
exten => _Nxxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/Spa400/${EXTEN}

if I dial direct the number asterisk show me a error and i dont know what does _Nxxxxxx mean, can everyone explain me how it work please

the problen is only in outbound call to the pstn

thank you
regards