Asterisk with IMAP voicemail support

Hello, i have a problem with Asterisk and IMAP.

This is the error i get, when i call the voicemail from a phone and login:

[Dec 13 15:33:27] ERROR[25303]: app_voicemail.c:8174 mm_log: IMAP Error: Can’t open mailbox {localhost:143/imap/authuser=toto/novalidate-cert/user=toto}INBOX: invalid remote specification
[Dec 13 15:33:27] ERROR[25303]: app_voicemail.c:4457 open_mailbox: Could not initialize mailstream
– Playing ‘vm-mailboxfull’ (language ‘en’)

If I login on the IMAP e-mail account using thunderbird, it works.

This is my voicemail.conf configuration:

[general]
imapserver=localhost
imapport=143
imapflags=novalidate-cert
expungeonhangup=yes
authuser=root
authpassword=toto

[default]
555 => 0000, 79051, toto@localhost,,imapuser=toto

I use the user toto for accessing the voicemail.

What could be the problem?

I have the same problem. I have tried to build against several different versions of c-client and on 3 different linux distros, all with the same results. I can copy the exact mailbox string into a .pinerc and it opens up fine with a build of pine that is compiled against the same c-client as asterisk. I have seen this when building 1.4.0-beta3, 1.4.0-beta4, and the current subversion tree (i have not tried anything older in the 1.4 tree)

The problem seems to be in Asterisk after all. I’ve configured an Asterisk server to work with IMAP support, however I recieve the same message as you do. However I’ve dig up little bit and made a TCPdump on while tring to load Asterisk. I’ve loaded Asterisk. Tried to send voicemail…

After that I read the dump with Ethereal. There wasn’t a single packet to the IMAP server that I specified. I will try to run it with Asterisk 1.4.0 but I’m quite sceptic…

Regards, Arcopix

[quote=“Arcopix”]The problem seems to be in Asterisk after all. I’ve configured an Asterisk server to work with IMAP support, however I recieve the same message as you do. However I’ve dig up little bit and made a TCPdump on while tring to load Asterisk. I’ve loaded Asterisk. Tried to send voicemail…

After that I read the dump with Ethereal. There wasn’t a single packet to the IMAP server that I specified. I will try to run it with Asterisk 1.4.0 but I’m quite sceptic…

Regards, Arcopix[/quote]

Were you sure that IMAP was enabled in ‘make menuselect’ while compiling Asterisk?

imapserver=localhost
imapport=143
imapflags=novalidate-cert
expungeonhangup=yes
authuser=root
authpassword=toto

localhost:143/imap/authuser=toto/novalidate-cert/user=toto

Is this you or asterisk mixing up user and password?

Musicman

What prerequisites are needed for IMAP support when compiling?

[quote=“muppetmaster”][quote=“Arcopix”]The problem seems to be in Asterisk after all. I’ve configured an Asterisk server to work with IMAP support, however I recieve the same message as you do. However I’ve dig up little bit and made a TCPdump on while tring to load Asterisk. I’ve loaded Asterisk. Tried to send voicemail…

Regards, Arcopix[/quote]

Were you sure that IMAP was enabled in ‘make menuselect’ while compiling Asterisk?[/quote]Absolutly. I’ve compiled it several times on different machines (well they all were set up with Fedora Core) but the same problem persist. However I haven’t try it the past few days…

Regards, Arcopix