Asterisk upgrade from 1.4

I’m working on systems runnng CentOS 6.8 and Asterisk 1.4.44. they are production systems. (going to new env. fisrt, then production).
Both the OS and Asterisk need to be upgraded. I am going through the install docs and previous posts, to put together an upgrade plan. The initial path appears to be 1.4 to 1.8 first.
Can you advise on a recommended path and tell me if there is any specific docs/notes on this already out there?

Well first, you don’t need to go from version to version to version to upgrade. You can just compile the latest version. However, a lot has changed since 1.x so you’re going to really need to catch up on those changes.

UPGRADE.txt will walk you through what changes from version to version.

Find 1.4.44 and work upwards.

I don’t think that is really required or needed. There’s a 12 year gap between current versions and the version the OP is on. Going through all the change logs over 12 years seems to be a waste of time when you can just look at the current versions and go from there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.