Asterisk setup with Softphones on the go

I’m really new in this community and I really don’t know where to start. I am also currently doing my research but this thread could help me really great! You can answer or send some threads available.

So technically, I have a client with a consultation office in the U.S. and he wants to have a 5 people to answer the calls (simultaneously if possible) for a trial process. But with a single phone number/hotline.

I have researched about SIP that can distribute and make this possible.

The setup he wanted was, to have a phone number in the US so he can accept calls from his Clients, then route the calls here in Asia (Philippines to be exact) so he can hire 5 people here to do the job of consultation.

However, he wanted it to make the people work not in the office but anywhere the 5 people were. Like, he can take calls anywhere he is. So we are not talking about LAN setup.

In short, get a single US Phone Number (it could be anything, toll-free number can be too) then route it to Philippines where I will setup my Asterisk Server, then throw the calls to the Agent’s softphone (take note, not in the same local network). The Agents can connect to anywhere in the Philippines even WiFi then they can connect their softphones to my Asterisk Server to take calls.

How could this be possible?
Could you help me with the details of what I need like:
*software
*hardware
*do I need VPN?
*do I need public IP addresses?
*do I need to setup Port-forwarding?
*do I need license for each calls? (I’ve read somewhere that each telephony need like license or something like that)

*and what else do I need?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELPING ME OUT! I REALLY DO HOPE THAT THIS COMMUNITY WOULD BE THE BEST!!!

Time and Money.

Asterisk 13.

For 5 agents? Just about any server should work.

No

Yes

Yes

No.

You will need a SIP trunking provider to send you your calls from the PSTN in the US.

Just a quick question. Does the SIP provider needed to be in the US or I can pay a SIP provider in my country?

If the SIP provider in your country can get you US numbers then you can use them.