Asterisk Server Playback Garbled - After upgrade

I recently upgraded from 1.4.9 to 1.4.11. Upon doing so, calling voicemail, or any IVR sounds all garbled and not good. I rolled back to 1.4.9 and it works fine.

I then downloaded 1.4.10 and 1.4.10.1 and same thing. The playback sounds sound horrible. After first I thought it was codec related so I switched my g.729 to g.711. Same thing. I also downloaded the ulaw/g729 versions of all the sounds in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds and no luck.

Anyone have any ideas. Is there something I have to do more than just a ‘make install’ after installing a new version? I don’t want to do the ‘make samples’ cause I don’t want to overwrite my config.

Thanks,

-PK

Anyone have any ideas? I just went ahead and rolled back to 1.4.9 and gave up on .11 for now.

I am experiencing the same above however I installed samples also, if any one has solution let me know, if more info is needed let me know also. Thanks. I am running asterisk on fedora core 6 with free pbx 2.3.0. Only changes made after upgrade were to zaptel.cfg Thanks! I do not want to roll back to 1.4.9 but if I have to I will. Thanks again!

bump…I can’t believe noone else is seeing this. I upgraded a second asterisk box running on slackware and same thing. Seems the recordings or the playback of records is messed up after 1.4.9.

:frowning:(

My solution was to reconfigure my zaptel drivers read… http://downloads.digium.com/pub/zaptel/releases/README-1.4.4 and http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/zaptel-commits/2007-June/001357.html All seems to be going well except for the darn segmentation faults that happen every so often.

Hope this helps!

Ok that worked for a couple days but now its back. Back to the drawing board for me. Any suggestions??

i gave up. I"m on 1.4.9 :frowning: Is there any other forums that people are more responsive? This the first problem I have reached out for help on.

FYI…I just upgraded to 1.4.15 and did not see this problem. So I just went from 1.4.9 -> 1.4.15 with a fresh compile.