Asterisk Ports & Phones

I need a simple yes or no answer to the following questions:

1. Does Asterisk recognize and utilize IP/VOIP/SIP phones plugged into USB ports?
  2. Does Asterisk recognize and utilize IP/VOIP/SIP phones plugged into PoE ports?
  3. Does Asterisk recognize and utilize IP/VOIP/SIP phones when a phone is plugged into one type of port and another phone is plugged into the other type at same time?

Please do not respond with questions. I am not able to answer them. These question should not be difficult to answer if someone is knowledgeable on the subject. Thank you.

1. Asterisk does not provide support for USB devices plugged into the same system as it. If the device is plugged into a USB port of another computer and used with a VoIP client that spoke SIP to Asterisk then it would work.
  2. Yes.
  3. It doesn’t care.

I should also add that Asterisk doesn’t automatically recognize devices except for Digium Phones which can do automatic discovery. In other cases you have to configure everything, or set up provisioning.

Asking the same question again doesn’t make it a good question. They’re still bad questions because the context in which they’re being asked is too vague to provide an accurate answer. The answer could be “yes” or “no” to any or all of those questions.