Asterisk pjsip MWI with hotdesking

Hello,

I use asterisk with pjsip an yealink phones. I have implemented a hot desking function similar as the one described in the book “Asterisk The Definitve Guide”.

Now I would like to see the mwi status on the yealink phones.

The problem is that the endpoints are not bound to a fixed extension.

I could provision the phone to look for mwi for the currently used extension while I set them up for hotdesking.

But sadly, I have found nothing that shows how to configure pjsip.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance

Guido

Have you considered pjsip_notify.conf to send MWI events ?

Something like…

[set-mwi]
Event=>message-summary
Content-type=>application/simple-message-summary
Content=>Messages-Waiting: yes
Content=>Message-Account: sip:asterisk@127.0.0.1
Content=>Voice-Message: 1/1 (1/1)
Content=>

…gives you the Asterisk CLI command “pjsip send notify set-mwi endpoint 1234” which could be bundled into a small shell script that you spool from dialplan just after the voicemail is deposited.

Thank you very very much. It works like a charm.

But now I have a new problem:

After I execute voicemailmain and hear every new voicemail, the phone still displays the “new messages” icon.

I found out, that I have to send:

[clear-mwi]
Event=>message-summary
Content-type=>application/simple-message-summary
Content=>Messages-Waiting: no
Content=>Message-Account: sip:asterisk@127.0.0.1
Content=>Voice-Message: 0/0 (0/0)

But how could I trigger that. Until now I find no way to be shure hat the user hears every new message after executing voicemailmain in the dialplan.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Guido

If you are using file-system backed voicemail storage (the default) then check the INBOX directory, something like /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1234/INBOX/. Those contents should change as you navigate the voicemail playback.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.