Asterisk live CF

I downloaded teh Asterisk live CF distribution (automated.it/asterisk/asterisk-cf.htm) and I cannot make it work.
I suspect the problem is the distro is a binary image to be burned in a 64 MB CF while I am trying to burn it in a 256 MB CF.
Does anybody know hay to burn a working 256 MB CF?
BTW the symptom is: the word GRUB is displayed and nothing else happens when trying to boot up.
TIA for your help.

Is it supposed to boot from the CF card?
It shouldn’t matter what size CF you use just make sure you are able to boot with a CF card or nothing will happen.

It seems it IS booting up from the CF.
I can see the word GRUB on the screen and that means that it does start running the boot loader.
But since you burn the CF with a 64 MB image with specific hdd form factor when burning onto a different size CF it is mapped differently and it does not work.
This is my theory about what’s happening.
I guess there is a way to build a 256 MB HDD image.
I will appreciate if somebody can give me some tips obout it.

i think i remember from a previous life that CF images are very hard to make, even with the same size the disk could be arranged in a different way.

I dont know if you can just dd a flashcard. (if its not 100% the same brand and size and type).

Anyway you can find out how the device is beeing seen by the system and customize the binary image accordingly.
Other software prepared to be run from CF (I recall WISP, the LEAF branch for wireless routers) have a final step which takes the software already compiled and ‘packages’ it to build the disk image.
I would be extremely happy if I could download the code tree and run that final step by myself to get the disk image that suits my needs.
Second best would be to get the source tree and compile all the stuff to get that point.
Is that possible? Is the code available in the way I need for this operation?
TIA.

[quote=“abel”]It seems it IS booting up from the CF.
I can see the word GRUB on the screen and that means that it does start running the boot loader.
But since you burn the CF with a 64 MB image with specific hdd form factor when burning onto a different size CF it is mapped differently and it does not work.
This is my theory about what’s happening.
I guess there is a way to build a 256 MB HDD image.
I will appreciate if somebody can give me some tips obout it.[/quote]

I’m not sure does it boots from CF or from CD-drive. What Linux distribution has he pun on 64 MB with Asterisk included? I think that you have to boot from Asterisk Live CD (automated.it/asterisk/), and then automaticly load Asterisk from CF. So, you need to have bootabile CD, and CF.

Please corect me if i’m wrong.

Tomislav