Installing AAH

Hello,
I made a boot CD from the ISO file, but when I try to install it, it tells me that the boot failed and it could not find a kernel image. What do I do? Thanks.

How did you make the boot cd? You need to use a program that supports burning from an ISO image. Post some more info and I’ll do my best to help.

Tom

I used Disk Utility on OS X to burn it. It’s a CD-R, and obviously, I got the ISO from Sourceforge.

OK, I don’t know alot about Macs :blush: . Did you follow this procedure uab.edu/it/question-answer/o … index.html ? ISO’s aren’t burned like normal files they’re a disk image. I wish I had more for you :frowning: .

Tom

Hey Tom,
Thanks, but that’s what I did the first time around. Thanks for the quick replies though. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

[EDIT] I just tried the CD on another one of my PCs just to see if it would boot, and it worked fine. For some reason, this computer isn’t doing it. It’s a Pentium III, 500mhz, 192MB RAM, with a current installation of Windows 98. Perhaps wiping the C drive, and trying again would work…?

I had probs on my first AAH build with a similar config, swapped out for a different CD I had laying around and it was fine.

p

In case anyone’s interested, I finally figured it out. I narrowed it down to a CD ROM problem. My guess is the drive wasn’t fast enough to boot, so I just replaced it. Either way, it’s happily installed now.