Asterisk, IAX and FWD: Unable to call FWD numbers

Hi gentleman!

I just installed Debian Etch and Asterisk 1.2.13 (.deb packages). I’m a newbie in asterisk.

My goal is to configure a small gateway between local sip phones (like Ekiga) and FWD using IAX2.

Following instruction on FWD website and O’reilly book, I got it! FWD “CallMe” function can call my softphone, I can call the 613 using the “5” prefix (prefix I configured for calls to FWD numbers) and with a dedicated extension (actually I configured the 900).

But… yes, BUT!!! I can’t dial the FWD numbers! When I try to call ANY online (and offline) FWD number I get just one ring on Ekiga then the line die. Looking on Asterisk console, I get:

agatha-10*CLI> -- Executing SetCallerID("SIP/fpiraneo-08193760", "Iface - Francesco Piraneo G.") in new stack -- Executing Dial("SIP/fpiraneo-08193760", "IAX2/[MYFWDNUMBER]:[MYFWDPASSWORD]@iax2.fwdnet.net/226965|60|r") in new stack -- Called [MYFWDNUMBER]:[MYFWDPASSWORD]@iax2.fwdnet.net/226965 -- Call accepted by 192.246.69.186 (format ulaw) -- Format for call is ulaw -- IAX2/192.246.69.186:4569-3 is busy -- Hungup 'IAX2/192.246.69.186:4569-3' == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:1/0/0) -- Executing Congestion("SIP/fpiraneo-08193760", "5") in new stack == Spawn extension (iface, 5226965, 3) exited non-zero on 'SIP/fpiraneo-08193760' agatha-10*CLI>

Well, seem that Asterisk and FWD correctly accept call, negotiate codec then… DIE!

Obliviously the phone number I called was free (not busy on a conversation) and i dialed the number with the extension prefix I configured (for example to call the FWD 123456 I have to dial 5123456).

As I sad before, I’m an Asterisk newbie and I have no idea… I spent all the Saturday googling around without getting any clue for solution!

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much.
Francesco

Follows my iax.conf, extensions.conf and sip.conf files

iax.conf

[code][general]
bandwidth=medium
disallow all
allow=ulaw
allow=ilbc
allor=gsm

jitterbuffer=no
forcejitterbuffer=no

register => [MYFWDNUMBER]:[MYFWDPASSWORD]@iax.fwdnet.net

tos=lowdelay
autokill=yes

[guest]
type=user
context=iface
callerid=“Guest IAX User”

; Trust Caller*ID Coming from iaxtel.com
[iaxtel]
type=user
context=iface
auth=rsa
inkeys=iaxtel

; Trust Caller*ID Coming from iax.fwdnet.net
[iaxfwd]
type=user
context=iface
auth=rsa
inkeys=freeworlddialup[/code]

extensions.conf

[code][general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no
autofallthrough=yes
clearglobalvars=no
priorityjumping=no

[globals]
CONSOLE=Console/dsp ; Console interface for demo
IAXINFO=guest ; IAXtel username/password
TRUNK=Zap/g2 ; Trunk interface
TRUNKMSD=1 ; MSD digits to strip (usually 1 or 0)

; Variables requested by FreeWorldDialup setup
FWDNUMBER=MYFWDNUMBER
FWDCIDNAME=Iface - Francesco Piraneo G.
FWDPASSWORD=MYFWDPASSWORD
FWDRINGS=SIP/fpiraneo
;FWDVMBOX=1000

[iface]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Background(enter-ext-of-person)

; Calls incoming from FWD
exten => ${FWDNUMBER},1,Dial(${FWDRINGS},20,r)

; Call numbers on FWD
exten => _5.,1,SetCallerId(${FWDCIDNAME})
exten => _5.,2,Dial(IAX2/${FWDNUMBER}:${FWDPASSWORD}@iax2.fwdnet.net/${EXTEN:1},60,r)
exten => _5.,3,Congestion(5)
exten => _5.,4,Hangup()

exten => _5.,102,Playback(tt-allbusy)
exten => _5.,103,Hangup()

; Regular extensions
exten => 200,1,Dial(SIP/fpiraneo)

; Test channels
exten => 900,1,Dial(IAX2/${FWDNUMBER}:${FWDPASSWORD}@iax2.fwdnet.net/613)
[/code]

sip.conf

[code][general]
context=default ; Default context for incoming calls
bindport=5060 ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is 5060)
bindaddr=0.0.0.0 ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to all)
srvlookup=yes ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
language=it

[fpiraneo]
type=friend
secret=[CLIENTPASSWORD]
qualify=yes
nat=no
host=dynamic
canreinvite=yes
context=iface
[/code]

[quote=“fpiraneo”]But… yes, BUT!!! I can’t dial the FWD numbers! When I try to call ANY online (and offline) FWD number I get just one ring on Ekiga then the line die. Looking on Asterisk console, I get:
[/quote]

Yes, I reply to myself…

I looked for answer also on “FWD & Asterisk” support forum; someone found my same issue but nobody showed a solution!

That’s may mean: “Yes, we know the problem but nobody know how to fix it” or “Yes, we know the problem and the solution but you have to PAY for it!”.

There’s also the third possibility: “We know the problem and we posted the solution so many times that we’re very tired to do so!” but I’m sure that is not the case otherwise the search engine of both sites underlined to me the old posts or some wise man answered: “Hey dud! Look at the old post and try to use google before posting again the same questions!” (Yes… I know the wise men of the forum / newsgroups…)

Have a nice week and greetings from Italy!

Francesco

P.S.: Today another google day! The only answer I’ve found was: “Yes… may happen! Try restarting your Asterisk!” – FFFF#@@!!!##??CK!!!

Newbie as well…

I am just setting up my AsteriskNow test box. I am very close to getting to work. I have setup a FWD account. However I can’t seem to get it to work with my AsteriskNow box and a softphone. Using X-Lite… I am able to connect to the Asterisk box and call other extensions. Having trouble calling out over FWD.

I used your code to possible help resolve, but it still doesn’t seem to work. Any suggestions?

To make outbound call from Asterisk to FWD you need to have an outgoing context with “type=peer”.
If you use type=user you can only register to receive call from FWD

this is my iax.conf i can make call to 612 613 and receive call

[general]
bandwidth=low
disallow=lpc10
jitterbuffer=no
forcejitterbuffer=no
tos=lowdelay
autokill=yes
allow=ulaw

register => 858210:[MYFWDPASSWORD]@iax2.fwdnet.net

[iaxfwd]
type=user
context=incoming
auth=rsa
inkeys=freeworlddialup

[iaxfwd_outgoing]
type=peer
host=iax2.fwdnet.net
username=858210
secret=[MYFWDPASSWORD]
qualify=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
allow=ilbc
allow=g726

P.S. Francesco try to phone me either on 858210 or 852014, if i am logged and ready i will be happy to answer your call.
On 858210 i am experimenting… so expect fancy voice prompt coming out.

Bye, Fabio