Asterisk - Cepstral Installation

I have installed the Cepstral_David voice from the Telephony Voices. when i download the app_cepstral and try to use the command “make install”, i get the following error:

Can’t open perl script “/usr/src/asterisk/contrib/scripts/astxs”: No such file or directory

what might be wrong here. As i use cepstral with asterisk, after installation of cepstral voice, when i use show cepstral command in cli prompt, i cant see any of the voices installed here.

Can you please suggest me on this.

What is your asterisk source directory actually called?
If you did a normal asterisk install & untarred the archive to /usr/src you will have something like /usr/src/asterisk-1.4.7.1

It looks like you need to either rename this to /usr/src/asterisk or, probably the better method, create a link from asterisk to asterisk-version e.g.
ln -s /usr/src/asterisk-1.4.7.1 /usr/src/asterisk

Once you have done this, hopefully the asterisk/contrib directory should be where app_cepstral assumes it to be.

I could manage that error by replacing the Makefile in the asterisk apps directory. Now i get another error when i do the make install. The error message is as given below:

app_cepstral.c:36:19: error: swift.h: No such file or directory
app_cepstral.c:43: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
app_cepstral.c:43: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘STANDARD_LOCAL_USER’
app_cepstral.c:44: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
app_cepstral.c:44: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘LOCAL_USER_DECL’
app_cepstral.c:57: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘write_audio’
app_cepstral.c: In function ‘cepstral_speak’:
app_cepstral.c:130: error: ‘swift_engine’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:130: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
app_cepstral.c:130: error: for each function it appears in.)
app_cepstral.c:130: error: ‘engine’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:131: error: ‘swift_port’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:131: error: ‘port’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:132: error: ‘swift_voice’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:132: error: ‘voice’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:133: error: ‘swift_params’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:133: error: ‘params’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:158: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘SWIFT_FAILED’
app_cepstral.c:158: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_engine_open’
app_cepstral.c:164: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_params_new’
app_cepstral.c:165: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_params_set_string’
app_cepstral.c:169: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_port_open’
app_cepstral.c:174: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_port_set_voice_by_name’
app_cepstral.c:181: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_port_find_first_voice’
app_cepstral.c:187: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_port_set_voice’
app_cepstral.c:202: error: ‘SWIFT_EVENT_AUDIO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:203: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_port_set_callback’
app_cepstral.c:203: error: ‘write_audio’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:204: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_port_speak_text’
app_cepstral.c:208: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_port_close’
app_cepstral.c:209: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘swift_engine_close’
app_cepstral.c: In function ‘cepstral_exec’:
app_cepstral.c:225: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘LOCAL_USER_ADD’
app_cepstral.c:233: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘LOCAL_USER_REMOVE’
app_cepstral.c: At top level:
app_cepstral.c:252: warning: no previous prototype for ‘unload_module’
app_cepstral.c: In function ‘unload_module’:
app_cepstral.c:253: error: ‘STANDARD_HANGUP_LOCALUSERS’ undeclared (first use in this function)
app_cepstral.c:258: warning: no previous prototype for ‘load_module’
app_cepstral.c:263: warning: no previous prototype for ‘description’
app_cepstral.c:268: warning: no previous prototype for ‘usecount’
app_cepstral.c: In function ‘usecount’:
app_cepstral.c:270: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘STANDARD_USECOUNT’
app_cepstral.c:305: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype
make[1]: *** [app_cepstral.o] Error 1
make: *** [apps] Error 2

what could be the cause of this error message. Please help me out.

The first line with the ‘no such file’ error is worrying, I’d put everything back as it was and make sure the /usr/src/asterisk/contrib etc. path is correct before going any further.

I can’t give any specific help with cepstral as I’ve not used it, sorry.