Asterisk 11.5. - xmpp_client not connecting

Hi,
I am trying to setup my Asterisk 11.5 server to use Jabber messaging but can not get the user associated with asterisk to connect to the server. My objective is to send an XMPP message to SIP clients when a particular call is transferred to the SIP phone.

I get the following error right after loading the xmpp module and every few seconds after:

CLI> module load res_xmpp.so
Loaded res_xmpp.so
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/xmpp.conf': Found
  == Manager registered action JabberSend
  == Registered application 'JabberSend'
  == Registered application 'JabberSendGroup'
  == Registered application 'JabberStatus'
  == Registered application 'JabberJoin'
  == Registered application 'JabberLeave'
  == Registered custom function 'JABBER_STATUS'
  == Registered custom function 'JABBER_RECEIVE'
    -- Message technology handler 'xmpp' registered.
 Loaded res_xmpp.so => (Asterisk XMPP Interface)
[2013-10-19 16:45:32] WARNING[8576]: res_xmpp.c:3528 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.
[2013-10-19 16:46:23] WARNING[8576]: res_xmpp.c:3528 xmpp_client_receive: Parsing failure: Hook returned an error.

The user stays in an Authenticating status forever…

xmpp show connections
Jabber Users and their status:
       [asterisk] asterisk_user@myserver_url.com     - Authenticating
----
   Number of clients: 1

My installation is basically a manual install of Asterisk 11.5.1 + FreePBX Gui + Prosody XMPP server. I can define users in Prosody server and send messages between them using other clients - ei… Android client (Xabber) to/from windows client(Pidgin), so I think my Prosody installation is OK.

Both res_xmpp.so and chan_motif.so are compiled into Asterisk though I am not using chan_motif at this time.

I created self generated certificate and key for my server in accordance with Prosody website prosody.im/doc/certificates and both the certificate and the key are owned by prosody user in server.

Here is my xmpp.conf file:

[general]
[asterisk]
type=client
serverhost=myserver_url.com
username=asterisk_user@myserver_url.com
secret=<user_password>
priority=25
usetls=yes
usesasl=yes
port=5222
status=available
statusmessage="Asterisk XMPP"
timeout=5

I have search for a solution in Internet but have found no clues, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Asterisk’s res_jabber.so uses SSL_v2
Prosody uses SSL_v3 and above by default

Use protocol = “sslv23”; option in the ssl section of prosody configuration or if you want, you can use SSL_v3 by third-party application named stunnel:

this is my config:
/etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf

[code]; debugging stuff
;debug = 7
;output = /var/log/stunnel.log
client = yes
sslVersion = all
options = NO_SSLv2

[jabber]
accept = localhost:5225
connect = jabber.my.server:5223[/code]

and changes in /etc/asterisk/xmpp_custom.conf:

serverhost=localhost ;connect via stunnel port=5225 ;set port usetls=no ;disable ssl

Enjoy