Asterisk 1.8.3.3 MeetMe Music

I have a problem that we have been killing ourselves trying to understand for days now and the only conclusion I can draw is that something has changed with the MeetMe app between 1.6 and 1.8.

We currently have users that are waitng for the moderator to join sit there and listen to music. The odd thing, is that it actually seems to be a live conference that plays music in the background. The users can talk to each other, and as soon as someone talks, the consoloe will indicate that the music has stopped, and as soon as they stop talking, the music will start playing again. This has caused a few embarrasing situations as users are unaware that others can hear them if they speak.

If we mark the users as muted when they come in, it prevents them from hearing each other and it behaves as we would expect, but as soon as the moderator joins and the users is placed into conference, they need to be manually un-muted to be heard.

We have been passing the same arguments for years to MeetMe when a user and moderator join. We use an AGI script that collects the info and them passes it back to Asterisk…here is the dialplan that takes care of it:

Asterisk 1.6, no problem. 1.8.3.3, its a party with music playing.

No idea what to do here…is it expected behavior? If so, why? How can I work around other than going back to 1.6?

[custom-meetme3]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,AGI(setup_conf.agi)
exten => s,4,GotoIf(${MODPIN}?30:40)
exten => s,30,MeetMe(${CONFNO},sMAa,${MODPIN})
exten => s,40,MeetMe(${CONFNO},sMw,)

Thanks

Howdy,

Nope, not expected.

I think that matches this issue:

issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18418

that we just fixed on Wednesday. :smiley:

Grrr…but at least we know we are not completely bonkers. Thanks!