Asterisk 1.6.0.5 stops with Snom Park and Orbit or Transfer

Hi all,

I need some help.

I am running asterisk 1.6.0.5 + 1.6.0.1 Add Ons + Dahdi + tools 2.1.0.3 on a CentOS 4.7 box with kernel 2.6.9-78.EL.

I have two Snom phones 320 and a 360 with firmware 7.3.14 and an older Aastra 480i with the latest 1.4.3 firmware.

If I try to park a call with the Snom phone using either park+orbit funciton key or simply do a blind transfer using the transfer button on either the Snom or Aastra, Asterisk crashes with the following messages:

[quote]*CLI> == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
– Executing [204@t01-inbound:1] Answer(“SIP/t01-chris-08d587f0”, “”) in new stack
– Executing [204@t01-inbound:2] Dial(“SIP/t01-chris-08d587f0”, “SIP/t01-chris4”) in new stack
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
– Called t01-chris4
– SIP/t01-chris4-08d52e60 is ringing
– SIP/t01-chris4-08d52e60 answered SIP/t01-chris-08d587f0
– Packet2Packet bridging SIP/t01-chris-08d587f0 and SIP/t01-chris4-08d52e60
== Spawn extension (t01-inbound, 204, 2) exited non-zero on ‘SIPPeer/SIP/t01-chris-08d587f0’
– Started music on hold, class ‘default’, on SIP/t01-chris4-08d52e60
== Parked SIP/t01-chris4-08d52e60 on 701@parkedcalls. Will timeout back to extension [t01-inbound] , 1 in 60 seconds
– <SIP/t01-chris-08d587f0> Playing ‘digits/7.ulaw’ (language ‘en’)
– <SIP/t01-chris-08d587f0> Playing ‘digits/0.ulaw’ (language ‘en’)
– <SIP/t01-chris-08d587f0> Playing ‘digits/1.ulaw’ (language ‘en’)
*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08d63c7c ***
Aborted
[/quote]

However, if I transfer from the Aastra phone or use an attended transfer on the Snom, is seems to work OK. That is, if I dial 700 and wait for the digits and music, it works fine.

The problem doesn’t happen on the release of Asterisk 1.4.23

I think that there was an issue earlier this month (last month) with Polycom phones. I think it was fixed but not too sure. It also may be something to do with the extension that exits non zero ?

While I have half a clue about what I am doing, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the other missing 50% :confused:

If you need things like sip.conf, features.conf, or release versions of gcc I can provide if it will help.

Has anyone else experienced this ?? If so, do they know the work around ?

Cheers
Chris

I can test tomorrow for you. I have just installed 1.6.1-rc1 on a test server. It is set to replace a box with >200 snom320 phones, so I am rather interested in testing this crash out.

If there are no problems with 161rc1 I’ll drop it back to the version you have (cos it’s only a compile difference) and see what happens.

Let you know.

Cheers for the reply.

'Twas very late last night, :confused: hangin out with Zombies and all, but I did (think) I tested it against the beta 4 and it was segfaulting. Maybe I did something wrong, too.

Noticed that rc1 is there now so I’ll post my results too.

fingers xxx’ed

Chris

beta 4 segfaults with lots of things I tested with.
Download rc1 - it’s only a few days old and I haven’t had any segfaults with the tests I did.

As I remembered last night

Thats on an old Fedora C3 box. Still compiling on the little VIA chip CentOS machine

More to come…
Chris

BTW The clean up and compile script I am using to upgrade is as follows:

Still the same:

Asterisk 1.6.1-rc1. has the following behaivour

Where to from here ??

Alright. I’ll test tomorrow…need to get around to it anyway.

Park Orbit crashes asterisk with 1.6.1-rc1

I don’t see the “segmentation fault” message though - and because I have safe_asterisk running it restarts automatically.

Didn’t try transfer. Only had two phones connected and forget - apologies.

v6 firmware - forgot to mention that.

You’ll see the segmentation fault if you don’t run safe asterisk and just run it from the console [quote]/usr/sbin/asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvv[/quote]

Personally I have given up on Asterisk 1.6.0.5 and 1.6.1-rc1 as they are still too dodgy for my applicaiton. :confused:

I was specifically after the multiple parkinglots offered by 1.6.x, but have managed to recreate what I need, although somewhat awkwardly using EXTSTATE and PARKINGEXTEN in a script. :unamused:

Works OK so far for me and doesn’t crash.

We’ll just keep plodding away I guess. Plenty of other things to work on at the moment.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers
Chris