Ask a question

Sir/Madam Administrator and Moderator:

I’m a student of Quebec university in Rimouski. These days I’m working on my marketing project for my course about Asterisk VoIP telephone system. Could you please offer me some information about those criteria below:

1. The clients( companies ) who use open source Asterisk
  2. The sales turnovers of these company
  3. The types of installation for the customers of these companies
  4. The numbers of these installations
  5. The competitors of these companies
  6. The size, location, type of customers who bought Asterisk system from these companies
  7. The types of distribution of Asterisk system by these companies
  8. The tendency of development about Asterisk system

Thank you very much indeed!

[quote=“yvonne”]Sir/Madam Administrator and Moderator:

I’m a student of Quebec university in Rimouski. These days I’m working on my marketing project for my course about Asterisk VoIP telephone system. Could you please offer me some information about those criteria below:

1. The clients( companies ) who use open source Asterisk[/quote]

digium.com/index.php?menu=case_studies

That is research you have to do on your own.

See case studies above.

Unknown, as this is an opensource project which companies may freely use without reporting their use.

Once again, you will have to research the case study list.

[quote=“yvonne”]6. The size, location, type of customers who bought Asterisk system from these companies
7. The types of distribution of Asterisk system by these companies[/quote]

Once again, please refer to the available case studies.

This is a broad question that may be answered in a number of ways. Asterisk is a flexible and extensible platform that may be used for ‘traditional’ voice services/developments, such as: PBX, ACD, IVR, Recording, etc. It may also be used for developing ‘Voice 2.0’ apps, embedding voice in various web apps. An example here:

gabcast.com/