ARI Playback via URL fails at v18

Hey there,

I’m currently testing Asterisk with ARI and audio playback via URL. I’m using mono WAV files with 16bit PCM and a sampling rate of 8kHz.

I started with Asterisk 15 using the andrius/asterisk:15.x Docker image and everything works fine. I updated to andrius/asterisk:17-current and still no issues.

After that I wanted to update to the next LTS using the andrius/asterisk:glibc-18.x image, but with that asterisk refuses to play my file with the following outputs:

asterisk_1   | [Mar 12 20:38:18] WARNING[106][C-00000001]: file.c:789 ast_openstream_full: File does not exist in any format
asterisk_1   | [Mar 12 20:38:18] WARNING[106][C-00000001]: file.c:1262 ast_streamfile: Unable to open (format (alaw)): Invalid argument
asterisk_1   | [Mar 12 20:38:18] WARNING[106][C-00000001]: res_stasis_playback.c:276 playback_final_update: 1615581497.0: Playback failed for sound:

I would like to investigate that further and would be very happy for any hint.

Whilst this doesn’t have a resolution, either, it looks like it may be related: Playback using remote URI not working

I doubt that anyone able to maintain andrius/asterisk is monitoring here.

Hi David, thanks for your reply and the hin.

I tried to get more debug information, but setting debug and verbose level did not affect the logs for this issue. But I’ll take a deeper look into that.

I will also investigate the glib-18.x image more deeply and compare with a manual installation.


This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.