Anyone could recommend a billing for asterisk

Hello, everyone.
Could anyone recommend an opensource billing for asterisk? I’m looking through some I’ve found on voip-info.org, but I’d like to hear some responce from people who are actually using those. Which one are you using? Have you experienced any problems with it?
Thanks.

I think PhoneJournal call accounting software supports asterisks log formats. Still there are only win32 versions.

Can someone please tell me if A2billing’s or Astbill’s rate engine can handle 1000-2000 concurrent calls in 1s/1s block?

Thanks a lot!

[quote=“thehero”]Can someone please tell me if A2billing’s or Astbill’s rate engine can handle 1000-2000 concurrent calls in 1s/1s block?

Thanks a lot![/quote]

I don’t know what a 1s/1s block is.

If you’re referring to a single ast. server with a billing server, that shouldn’t even be considered, since there’s no redundancy.

I’ve got a buddy who has a pretty good Billing System for asterisk, I’ll shoot you a PM.

try telcotwo.com

They are the best in the field

I built my own, it’s really simple. the only table you need in asterisk is the cdr.

you should have a tarriff or dialplan with all the dial patterns for every country and mobiles.

means you have more control where as things that have been built already are heavy duty and only one simple php script with php agi works fine.

in the cdr the fields you would need is dst, context (your outgoing trunk), src (the extension that initated the call), disposition (ANSWERED)

that’s it. then you can build your script from there on…but to do prepaid services require being able to read the logs…to know when the a call has initiated…

i’ve tried astbill but it F’d my product box (stupid me)

Any developer could probably build there own Call Accounting System.

The question you really need to ask yourself:
Is it worth the effort, and investment in time and resources?
Is it worth the investment in time to maintain Tariff Tables, Dial plan tables etc?

As at the end of the day, time is money.

Especially when there is a company that will provide this service, whith all maintaince for $0.40 per extension, and gets even cheaper the more extensions you monitor.

Check out the pricing :
telcotwo.com/Telcotwo/commercials.htm